Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My step-mum has been around for three years. At first we didn't get on but now we really do. She does so much for me, she cuddles me, tells me she loves me, takes me places pays for me to go to a private school. She also does more. She has a 7 year old son from a previous relationship and I would call him my brother. He sometimes calls my dad, daddy and sometime calls him John. I always called my step-mum Katie. I feel like she is my mum though we sort of have a mother daughter relationship. I love her like a mum. She is 5 months pregnant with my little baby brother or sister. There is a photo of Katie and I on the beach and she has that on her desk at work. Would it be okay if I called her mum or would it be wrong?
    My real mum died when I was 2 so I don't really remember her

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is perfectly fine

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luvmypuppy)
    My step-mum has been around for three years. At first we didn't get on but now we really do. She does so much for me, she cuddles me, tells me she loves me, takes me places pays for me to go to a private school. She also does more. She has a 7 year old son from a previous relationship and I would call him my brother. He sometimes calls my dad, daddy and sometime calls him John. I always called my step-mum Katie. I feel like she is my mum though we sort of have a mother daughter relationship. I love her like a mum. She is 5 months pregnant with my little baby brother or sister. There is a photo of Katie and I on the beach and she has that on her desk at work. Would it be okay if I called her mum or would it be wrong?
    My real mum died when I was 2 so I don't really remember her
    You may want to ask her rather than just start

When my son asked my husband if he could call him Dad I think it was the happiest day of his (husband's) life [and proudest]

I would expect a similar response from Katie ... but asking will just avoid any possible issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    You may want to ask her rather than just start

When my son asked my husband if he could call him Dad I think it was the happiest day of his (husband's) life [and proudest]

I would expect a similar response from Katie ... but asking will just avoid any possible issues
    How do I ask her though. If i just say can I call you mum it sounds like I don't care really or that I am not botherd

ReputationRep:
    How do I ask her though. If i just say can I call you mum it sounds like I don't care really or that I am not botherd
    No, it doesn't

If you simply ask that it will say that you love her

ReputationRep:
    Nothing at all will happen, she'll probably be glad to know that you see her as more than just a step-mum but a mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Nothing at all will happen, she'll probably be glad to know that you see her as more than just a step-mum but a mum.
    My dad is taking the family out for a meal on friday I am going to ask her then, wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be fine for you to call her Mum.

ReputationRep:
    I think this sounds so adorable, and seems refreshing to read amongst all the depressing break up threads.
    Of course you can, OP. You have every right to.
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    tell us how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, tell us how it goes!

Ahw, i'm sure she'll be over the moon!

ReputationRep:
    Definately

ReputationRep:
    My dad is taking the family out for a meal on friday I am going to ask her then, wish me luck!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, this is seriously one of the most pleasing threads I've seen on TSR

ReputationRep:
    This is adorable! Good luck to you! I'm sure she'd be thrilled.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1prhCWO_518

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bivbiv)
    tell us how it goes!
    I am allowed to call her mum. She was really happy and hugged me, there were tears in her eyes. She then asked me to be in the room with her when she is having my baby brother or sister. I am quite scared but excited to see my brother or sister. She is so happy she is taking me out later today just the two of us for mother-daughter time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wild Youth)
    Yeah, tell us how it goes!

Ahw, i'm sure she'll be over the moon!
    I am allowed to call her mum. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/4.25/i...es/biggrin.pngShe was really happy and hugged me, there were tears in her eyes. She then asked me to be in the room with her when she is having my baby brother or sister. I am quite scared but excited to see my brother or sister. She is so happy she is taking me out later today just the two of us for mother-daughter time.

ReputationRep:
    I am allowed to call her mum. She was really happy and hugged me, there were tears in her eyes. She then asked me to be in the room with her when she is having my baby brother or sister. I am quite scared but excited to see my brother or sister. She is so happy she is taking me out later today just the two of us for mother-daughter time.
    Awww I'm so happy for you! This is just too adorable!

ReputationRep:
    I am allowed to call her mum. http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/4.25/i...es/biggrin.pngShe was really happy and hugged me, there were tears in her eyes. She then asked me to be in the room with her when she is having my baby brother or sister. I am quite scared but excited to see my brother or sister. She is so happy she is taking me out later today just the two of us for mother-daughter time.
    That's so lovely Have a nice day with your mum

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.