Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY NEED THIS C IN Maths, I got a D in the november exam, but I didn't really give a crap about it, but I have been revising for 2 weeks and my exam is in June. I am doing revision on mymaths, I go to after school revision classes and I am doing past papers and also I do maths everyday at school and at home, I do after school maths at school then another 3-4 hours at home, on tuesdays I do it twice at school and then at home and for the rest of the week I do it everyday with revision at home!!!

Is it possible for me to get a C, I got 106 marks it the november exam and it was 124 for a C, I know what I did wrong on that exam and I also know my weakness now.

BTW I am doing foundation paper.

So is it possible!?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Are you doing foundation or gcse?
    Practise papers are you best friend and you'll get the C

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Yes. Are you doing foundation or gcse?
    Practise papers are you best friend and you'll get the C

USING THE TSR APP
    Foundation

ReputationRep:
    Examsolutions.co.uk is a really good website for Maths revision :') Use the videos to help go over topics for your exam, and there are also videos where the person goes over past papers step by step. Also practice LOAAAADS of past papers. If there is a certain area which you struggle with in Maths, just go through past papers from new to old on that topic so you become familiar with how to go about the question

ReputationRep:
    Ask your teacher for a syllabus and advice on what you can do to get a C. Probably a good way to go about it. I find it useful to know what I've got to do before I can achieve what I want. Good textbooks and past papers! Past papers and mark schemes are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Impossible is nothing

ReputationRep:
    Papers, papers, papers and more papers...
    the same/similar questions are constantly repeated but dressed up differently.
    Get as many papers as you can from school and you can download from examboard website - also do papers from other examboards...
    do questions in textbooks.
    Practice and more practice.
    I am speaking from experience... got an E first time on higher then a B second time.
    You still have time... just plod methodically.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers and practice makes perfect. One thing I despise my school from doing was putting me on the foundation paper, for maths higher GCSE you usually only need around 60 marks for a C, I found foundation impossible to reach the first two attempts (one in November, one in March) First time I got 1mark of a C, 2nd time I got 4marks of a C, in my opinion if you study hard and do the higher paper you can get a B, but its entirely up to you (then got 116/200 in the higher paper which was a high B)

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the Mathswatch CD? There's an app version too; helped me bring my grade up from a C to and A. It's separated into different sections, so you can revise C and below topics with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always found the CGP revision guides really helpful. Keep going!! Sounds like you have a great attitude and you're working hard. Keep going over past papers and you'll get there

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.