Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As of lately ive felt second best to one of my friends and i never felt this way before.. ive also become really paranoid about how i am around him, i also think this person doesnt want to spend the time of day with me even though we spend all day laughing together, just to add i also have bad social anxiety which hinders the way i think... in my head i know what im feeling is a lie but i cant help but think that i am not wrong.
    what also doesnt help is that i think i have a very jealous personality so if they are talking to someone else i think that they are done with me and never want to speak to me again i absoultely hate the way im thinking and its potentially sabotaging a really good friendship, does anyone have any advice for me and how to get over this because i love being friends with this person but its getting harder everyday with the way im thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saaaammm)
    As of lately ive felt second best to one of my friends and i never felt this way before.. ive also become really paranoid about how i am around him, i also think this person doesnt want to spend the time of day with me even though we spend all day laughing together, just to add i also have bad social anxiety which hinders the way i think... in my head i know what im feeling is a lie but i cant help but think that i am not wrong.
    what also doesnt help is that i think i have a very jealous personality so if they are talking to someone else i think that they are done with me and never want to speak to me again i absoultely hate the way im thinking and its potentially sabotaging a really good friendship, does anyone have any advice for me and how to get over this because i love being friends with this person but its getting harder everyday with the way im thinking
    hey i know its not a nice feeling i suggest you watch the film 'the secret' might help you out with your thinking

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is just a girl thing or not but it seems like you are way over thinking this.
    Are you jealous that a good friend of yours is being good friends with someone else? It seems like it.

"i also think this person doesnt want to spend the time of day with me even though we spend all day laughing together"
    This seems like really bad insecurity, and is quite unattractive to guys. If you spend time together laughing and having fun, then that's a good thing. You just have to live in the moment and not think you do now.

"i think i have a very jealous personality so if they are talking to someone else i think that they are done with me and never want to speak to me again"
    This will not only ruin friendships, but future relationships as well. To be honest, I think you have to change that about yourself if you are to be happier in life. What if you had a boyfriend? Will you get really jealous if he says 'hi' to another girl?

"does anyone have any advice for me and how to get over this"
    No sorry, don't. Maybe it's something you learn over time.
    For me, I got really insecure when my girlfriend went clubbing. I would always think she might kiss another guy there or she might find someone better. But you know what, she broke up with me, and none of that insecurity matters anymore. I don't even know why I told her I didn't like her going clubbing. I don't know why I got jealous when she did. And now I regret it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.