Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Hope you all are well. I am looking at getting an internship this summer or next before starting LSE in either the fall, or after a one year deferral.

I have recieved a conditional offer for an MSc in Global Media and Communication, very excited!

My question is that I assume I am ineligible from utilizing LSEs internship/career services until I arrive in the Fall, correct?

If that is the case, can I still mark down on internship applications that I am a LSE postgraduate student applying for a summer internship? Since I would only be in London for a year, I don't know if I'd have time to intern during the school year and think the summer before would be an excellent opportunity.

Thanks guys! This whole message board has been such a wealth of information. You all are awesome!

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to use their careers service until you register, no.

For an internship this summer, you could put that you have received an unconditional offer for the course which you are intending to take. Although if I remember rightly, you're on about planning to defer. (I'm guessing if you found a job?) So for one-year placements you could say you've received an uncond offer which you are intending to defer. You can't technically say you're a PG student at LSE until you register with them in September.

Hope that helps.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.