Official D1 Thread May '06 Watch

np_desi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lola.)
It was nowhere near as bad as I thought, I managed to answer all the questions anyway! Except the simplex one, I was completely stumped even though my teacher went over it an hour before. Well anyway I counted up the marks I thought I'd got and it came to around a B? That's alright considering that my revision was less than thorough.

Did anyone else think the last question was scarily easy considering it was the last question on the paper? I'm convinced I missed something because it was so straightforward.
it wasnt all that straight forward? and i thought that in other past papers it has been similar.....

the hardest part in the last question were the C1, C2, and initial flow!

ALSO!... in the part of Gannts [however u spell it] graph, when asked about at 15 mins and 25 mins wat activities MUST be taking place, i think for 15 mins i put JUST C, and for 25 mins i put 3/4 activities down i think....
hvarsani
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by np_desi)
it wasnt all that straight forward? and i thought that in other past papers it has been similar.....

the hardest part in the last question were the C1, C2, and initial flow!

ALSO!... in the part of Gannts [however u spell it] graph, when asked about at 15 mins and 25 mins wat activities MUST be taking place, i think for 15 mins i put JUST C, and for 25 mins i put 3/4 activities down i think....

Nirav u idiot there where 4 activites for both 15 and 25days
Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hvarsani)
Nirav u idiot there where 4 activites for both 15 and 25days
Nope, he's right. Only C HAD to be taking place on the 15th day.

Also, when everyone was calculating the C2 cut, did you remember to only add up verticies that went fromn the Source Set to the sink set? There was one arc that went from Sink set to Source set, so you shouldn't have added that one up.
Who?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The two hardest questions were teh definitions of path and alternating path - I spent about 2/3 of a page trying to explain each:p::rolleyes:
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Berto90)
Nope, he's right. Only C HAD to be taking place on the 15th day.

Also, when everyone was calculating the C2 cut, did you remember to only add up verticies that went fromn the Source Set to the sink set? There was one arc that went from Sink set to Source set, so you shouldn't have added that one up.
thx Berto... now we all no hu the real "idiot" is

yeah for C2 i left the middle one out ... cant really explain which one, but 2 arrows pointed inwards, which we "cut", and the one after that i didnt cut...
heroic_gal
Report 12 years ago
on the last question was there two backflows and one forward flow? but i did get 98 for the flow. and this exam was alot more easier than the one set in january which i got a D in, so hopefully i went up a couple of grades.
heroic_gal
Report 12 years ago
oh yeah jus remembered what did u get on dijkstras where you had to ad in E (i tink???) i got 119 but me mate sed she got 118
hvarsani
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh it was 118 sori, nirav i think i have have only writin C i cant rememba
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
djikstra's i had 108, and after being forced to go through that one point, it was +10 so 118!
PennyRoyalTea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by np_desi)
for 15 mins i put JUST C, and for 25 mins i put 3/4 activities down i think....
:ottid: although I specifically remember putting 4 activities down for the second part.
np_desi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
:ottid: although I specifically remember putting 4 activities down for the second part.
YOU KNOW BEST!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed