Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys !

I just wanted to know your opinion about which uni is best to study aerospace engineering
    as I have offers from Coventry and Kingston.
    I would personally choose Coventry but I just wanted some more opinions before making the choice

I think the pros about Coventry are that they have recently built a new faculty which seems very modern and they also have a Harrier jet, flight simulators and wind tunnels as the main facilities for aerospace. Also, I think the reputation is a bit higher and both the uni and the course are ranked higher than kingston.
    Also, the uni stats seem better in general and I just think the staff is somehow more "reputable" as for example, most 1st year engineering courses use this maths book by this professor at uni! (Glyn James)

Cons
    I think the city of Coventry might be less enjoyable in general, Kingston seems a nicer town to be honest ?
    Another thing that I wanted to point out is the fact I've seen in the stats is that there are no exams in the second year? That looks a bit dodgy I don't know
    I have noticed as they say on their website that they don't use the workshops for machinery and lathes ? ( only for mechanical and motorsport courses) and it doesn't say anything about the metals or metrology ones

Pros about Kingston ?

As far as I have seen in the video it seems to me there is a more variety of broader labs and workshops?
    I don't really know about the teaching staff on the other side

I actually didn't mean to make this so long but that was just the reseach I've been doing

If you really read this any opinions would be very welcome thank you all so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been selcted for Kingston and Hertfordshire University and I've a similar problem; I don't know what is the best choice for aerospace engineering, for living, etc..

ReputationRep:
    The one you got selected first before the other is usually the one you will have to go to in the end, because the UCAS assumes the order you put the universities in is the order in which your favoritism lies. You only can change by phoning the university itself and give the university itself a reason why you don't want to go to the first one on the list after giving an offer, I think you can cancel before results day not sure about it because it allows the university to use your space for someone else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.