Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    May have been asked before, so sorry if it has. Say you had a budget of £150,000 to spend on cars and only cars, what car/car's would you buy? The money can also be used for running costs etc.

For me:-
    1) Mini Cooper JCW for £22k
    2) Cadillac escalade VVT for £36k
    3) Jaguar E-type for £25k
    4) Preorder Corvette C6 C7 stingray for £55k

Then bank the £12k to fund the extravagance!

ReputationRep:
    Oh this is a tough one...

Cars
    1) Nissan R35 GT-R 2012 for £30,000
    2) Toyota Supra Aerotop 1999 for £15,000
    3) Shelby Ford Mustang 1967 for £40,000
    4) Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R 1999 for £7,000 - Daily Driver
    5) Jaguar E-Type 1965 for £25,000

Bikes
    1) Ducatti 1199 195HP!! for ...£18,000

Then save the rest for turbos, blueprinting and engine mods Although I could easily spend £150k on this alone :P lol I would've thrown an R34 in there too but R35s can be pushed considerably further on standard engine parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01Chris02)
    Oh this is a tough one...

Cars
    1) Nissan R35 GT-R 2012 for £30,000
    2) Toyota Supra Aerotop 1999 for £15,000
    3) Shelby Ford Mustang 1967 for £40,000
    4) Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R 1999 for £7,000 - Daily Driver
    5) Jaguar E-Type 1965 for £25,000

Bikes
    1) Ducatti 1199 195HP!! for ...£18,000

Then save the rest for turbos, blueprinting and engine mods Although I could easily spend £150k on this alone :P lol I would've thrown an R34 in there too but R35s can be pushed considerably further on standard engine parts.
    Dayummn!

Would not choose them myself, but can certainly see why you would! I'm not a custom mod kinda guy, factory spec for me. One car I would have, my Brother has a stripped classic mini with a 2.2L modded civic engine. That thing can move!

ReputationRep:
    1) Volvo 850 T5-R (in yellow :cool:) - £3000
    2) Caterham R500 - £40,000
    3) Audi RS2 - £20,000
    4) MG RV8 - £20,000
    5) Mercedes E63 AMG - £40,000
    6) MG ZT-T 385 V8 (if I could get who ever owns it to sell it to me) - £27,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glelin96)
    Dayummn!

Would not choose them myself, but can certainly see why you would! I'm not a custom mod kinda guy, factory spec for me. One car I would have, my Brother has a stripped classic mini with a 2.2L modded civic engine. That thing can move!
    V-TEC y0! lol

Yeah, I'm a big child really!

I saw a set of pictures once of someone who stuck an RB26 into a Volvo... :laugh:

There's some weird stuff out there!

ReputationRep:
    Too hard to decide

Mercedes C63 - 25K
    Nissan GTR R35- 40K
    Mitsubishi Evo X - 20K
    Subaru Impreza WRX 07-11 - 20K
    Audi S3 2010-2012 - 20K
    BMW M5 E60 - 10K
    Honda Civic EP3 Type-R - 5K

Or instead

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 130K
    Subaru Impreza WRX 07-11 - 20K as daily driver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h4mza)
    Too hard to decide

Mercedes C63 - 25K
    Nissan GTR R35- 40K
    Mitsubishi Evo X - 20K
    Subaru Impreza WRX 07-11 - 20K
    Audi S3 2010-2012 - 20K
    BMW M5 E60 - 10K
    Honda Civic EP3 Type-R - 5K

Or instead

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 130K
    Subaru Impreza WRX 07-11 - 20K as daily driver
    I did contemplate one mental car, thought the novelty of being able to drive a different car every day would be pretty ****ing cool!

ReputationRep:
    No point posting up a list.... what I fancy driving about in changes every day. That's why I change my cars so often!

ReputationRep:
    I like these threads!

1) Vauxhall Monaro VXR 6.2 as a daily driver - £12k
    2) 1969 Chevrolet Camaro - £30k
    3) TVR Cerbera - £15k

And the rest can go towards running costs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    No point posting up a list.... what I fancy driving about in changes every day. That's why I change my cars so often!
    what about today then? if you were given 150k to spend purely on cars whar car/cars would you buy?

ReputationRep:
    what about today then? if you were given 150k to spend purely on cars whar car/cars would you buy?
    I'm looking for a Triumph TR6 at the moment, so probably one of those?

A lot of people seem to have quite a big list. Speaking as someone who often has up to 5 cars on the drive, it can become a little annoying. Especially when the one you want to use is behind 4 others!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    A lot of people seem to have quite a big list. Speaking as someone who often has up to 5 cars on the drive, it can become a little annoying. Especially when the one you want to use is behind 4 others!
    First world problems

My list is basically something comfortable quick and reliable as a daily, something very fast that handles well for track days / runs / hoons, and something old because, well, they are awesome!

Trying to keep it reasonably attainable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I'm looking for a Triumph TR6 at the moment, so probably one of those?

Well, one doesn't have this problem. With a 4 car garage that my parents would definitely let me use as it contains only storage, and the upstairs is empty. I would just transfer the items upstairs and use the garage.

ReputationRep:
    Well, one doesn't have this problem. With a 4 car garage that my parents would definitely let me use as it contains only storage, and the upstairs is empty. I would just transfer the items upstairs and use the garage.
    Our new house has a double garage. Unfortunately it's double length rather than double width so I'm still stuffed either way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Our new house has a double garage. Unfortunately it's double length rather than double width so I'm still stuffed either way!
    Figure we're somewhat blessed then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.