Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A thread to update you on our postings within the MUN, stance on world events and for you to ask any questions etc.

(I'll write this bit better when I have time but thought i'd get the thread up ASAP)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Who is the foreign secretary, and what is their purpose?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of approach to international affairs should we expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsplaya)
    What kind of approach to international affairs should we expect?
    We'll deal with each individual circumstance as we feel necessary, but we aim to protect british citizens and secure British interests whilst serving to protect liberty and freedom, and basic human rights

(Original post by JPKC)
    Who is the foreign secretary, and what is their purpose?
    Some say he's a mere mortal, others like to label him as God...
    Nah, me and to quote wikipedia...

(Original post by Wikipedia)
    The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, commonly referred to as the Foreign Secretary, is a senior member of Her Majesty's Government heading the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and regarded as one of the Great Offices of State. The Secretary of State's remit includes: relations with foreign countries, matters pertaining to the Commonwealth of Nations and the overseas territories in addition to the promotion of British interests abroad. The Foreign Secretary also has responsibility for the Secret Intelligence Service MI6, who are directly accountable to the Foreign Secretary.

ReputationRep:
    What is your purpose here? How do you intend to contribute to the primary activity of the Model House of Commons; the creation and debate of bills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    What is your purpose here? How do you intend to contribute to the primary activity of the Model House of Commons; the creation and debate of bills?
    We'll be making the MHoC's position known in the MUN (obviously not strictly primary activity but you get the picture). We'll be looking at real life events and making known the MHoC's position on them, from the international trade and development side of things we'll also be looking at maybe generating some bills in that area and we'll be looking to make statements on Foreign Policy and key world affairs, which will hopefully stimulate debate in the MHoC.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Are you in favour of increasing ties between the HOC and MUN, or would you prefer to keep both autonomous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    Are you in favour of increasing ties between the HOC and MUN, or would you prefer to keep both autonomous.
    Im more in favour of increasing ties between the HOC and MUN. Good activity can be maintained in both via stronger links, and the foreign policy side of TSR Government can be greatly enhanced by the goings on in the MUN. I can only really see benefits from the closer linking of the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    A thread to update you on our postings within the MUN, stance on world events and for you to ask any questions etc.

(I'll write this bit better when I have time but thought i'd get the thread up ASAP)
    What do the government intend to do about the situation in Syria? it is a situation that has gone unchecked and is vastly out of hand, action needs to be taken to prevent the continued slaughter.
    (Original post by Krack)
    QFA

ReputationRep:
    We'll be making the MHoC's position known in the MUN (obviously not strictly primary activity but you get the picture). We'll be looking at real life events and making known the MHoC's position on them, from the international trade and development side of things we'll also be looking at maybe generating some bills in that area and we'll be looking to make statements on Foreign Policy and key world affairs, which will hopefully stimulate debate in the MHoC.
    When you say "MHoC", do you mean the MHoC as a whole, or your Government? Say for instance your Government on the whole wanted to leave the EU, but this was opposed by the other parties and clearly didn't have the support of the House - which view would you represent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    When you say "MHoC", do you mean the MHoC as a whole, or your Government? Say for instance your Government on the whole wanted to leave the EU, but this was opposed by the other parties and clearly didn't have the support of the House - which view would you represent?
    We'll obviously represent our governments view in the MUN when commenting on affairs etc. but for anything as major as the EU I think we'd more than likely go down the referendum route.

What do the government intend to do about the situation in Syria? it is a situation that has gone unchecked and is vastly out of hand, action needs to be taken to prevent the continued slaughter.
    We agree that the situation is unacceptable, and will be looking into measures to stop the violence as soon as possible

ReputationRep:
    QFA
    Could we get a sample of the measures you intend to bring to help end the conflict?

ReputationRep:
    Im more in favour of increasing ties between the HOC and MUN. Good activity can be maintained in both via stronger links, and the foreign policy side of TSR Government can be greatly enhanced by the goings on in the MUN. I can only really see benefits from the closer linking of the two.
    Woo hoo, good answer! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Could we get a sample of the measures you intend to bring to help end the conflict?
    We're obviously only just beginning to formulate any measures, but we'll be looking at perhaps more actively helping the rebels. Not no-fly zone style but more supplies etc and possibly pressuring for remaining arms embargos to be removed from the Syrian opposition. We'll also obviously continue to urge Bashar Al-Assad to step down from power and allow a democratic government to take power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krack)
    Out of interest, do you agree with Blair esq interventions?

ReputationRep:
    What is the Coalitions future policy regarding North Korea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    What is the Coalitions future policy regarding North Korea?
    We condemn the aggressive stance taken by the Koreans, but our current intentions are that we will continue to follow UN directions and sanctions. However we would also state that the North is unpredictable, and that we are monitoring the situation closely. Travel advice will be updated should any further developments occur on the korean peninsula

ReputationRep:
    We condemn the aggressive stance taken by the Koreans, but our current intentions are that we will continue to follow UN directions and sanctions. However we would also state that the North is unpredictable, and that we are monitoring the situation closely. Travel advice will be updated should any further developments occur on the korean peninsula
    Ah why so pragmatic? I'd hoped for an ultra right coalition your policy would be to stockpile and proliferate nuclear weapons by dipping into the NHS budget and proceeding to annihilate North Korea and all of America's enemies. How disappointing..
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Ah why so pragmatic? I'd hoped for an ultra right coalition your policy would be to stockpile and proliferate nuclear weapons by dipping into the NHS budget and proceeding to annihilate North Korea and all of America's enemies. How disappointing..
    Remind me to +rep you when I'm next on a computer :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts regarding the Egyptian situation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.