The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

MA Law (or LLB) and Accomodation

Hi everyone, I'm a Canadian student and I have just accepted an offer to Bristol's MA Law postgraduate program. First of all, anyone else in the program? (I know the program is very small compared to the undergrad LLB although they are almost the same program, so anyone in the LLB also?).
Second, any other North Americans? Finally, which would you guys recommend out of the following postgraduate accommodations?: Woodland Court, Deans Court, Colston Street. I want to be in a nice looking, green (trees), environment. Btw i dont wanna be in a residence filled with only internationals.
Reply 1
Hey! Apologies if this is entirely unhelpful, but firstly, well done on your offer, and secondly, I've got an offer for the LLB although I'm still undecided. To answer your second question, unfortunately I'm a boring British student, but I'm sure there'll be a nice mixture of internationals and domestic applicants at such a diverse university! Congratulations once again, may see you in Bristol later this year!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi Shan D~~I also accepted an offer(MA in Law) from Bristol and I am from HK. Looking forward to meeting you there~~!!
Reply 3
Hi Shan and Walu, how are you both? I've also accepted a place on the Law MA, so I guess I'll see you at the end of September. Looking forward to it!
Reply 4
Looking forward to meeting you guys soon, including you too "boring english student" lol
Reply 5
Hello everyone!

I'm starting the MA Law program in September too! I'm moving from Florida and can't wait to get over there!
Reply 6
Hi,everyone.I am current MA in Law student (just finished my first year). Shan D, u asked about accommodation. I would strongly not recommend Deans Court (quite noisy, furniture is awful, shower and etc works quite bad, whereas Office does not help). Heard nothing about Colston Str. Woodland Court seems not a bad choice. anyway, choose smth from Unite, not from A2Dominion. I lived in Chantry Court, very nice place (although no trees,no green) the location is perfect, staff is very helpful. What about internationals, believe me, they are everywhere, but its not bad. Though Deans court is well-known for its almost exceptionally Chinese residents (no offence to anyone, just as it is)
Reply 7
Original post by AlexaK
Hi,everyone.I am current MA in Law student (just finished my first year). Shan D, u asked about accommodation. I would strongly not recommend Deans Court (quite noisy, furniture is awful, shower and etc works quite bad, whereas Office does not help). Heard nothing about Colston Str. Woodland Court seems not a bad choice. anyway, choose smth from Unite, not from A2Dominion. I lived in Chantry Court, very nice place (although no trees,no green) the location is perfect, staff is very helpful. What about internationals, believe me, they are everywhere, but its not bad. Though Deans court is well-known for its almost exceptionally Chinese residents (no offence to anyone, just as it is)

Hi AlexaK~I am going to study MA in law this year. I have applied CC, and i got the room number. It is at the second floor. I am wondering that whether it will be noisy. Thx~~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending