Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm teaching myself A level maths and physics atm and want to do human biology too. Has anyone got any recommendations for study material I can buy? I haven't decided which exam board I'll be going with, so I guess it depends on which has the best study material.

If anyone can throw me some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jf1994)
    Hi, I'm teaching myself A level maths and physics atm and want to do human biology too. Has anyone got any recommendations for study material I can buy? I haven't decided which exam board I'll be going with, so I guess it depends on which has the best study material.

If anyone can throw me some suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.
    Often depending on the exam board, there will be text books endorsed by the specific exam board containing all the content you'll need to know for the exam. I don't think I could recommend any text books which will cover all the exam boards, unless they're undergraduate level. I can link you to specific text books once you've chosen an exam board if you want?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah, I guess you should tell us about your exam board. There used to be a book way back in 2008. It was named "Advanced Biology" by Taylor, Soper et al. The book was fantastic, it had a great deal of information. But I guess it might be obsolete now regarding further research. If you want it at undergraduate level, there are many books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Often depending on the exam board, there will be text books endorsed by the specific exam board containing all the content you'll need to know for the exam. I don't think I could recommend any text books which will cover all the exam boards, unless they're undergraduate level. I can link you to specific text books once you've chosen an exam board if you want?
    That would be great

Also, I'm having some difficulty finding a centre that will accept me for the controlled assessment. All the places I've found only hold the Biology one. Has anyone else had any luck finding somewhere to take the Human Biology workshop?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    That would be great

Also, I'm having some difficulty finding a centre that will accept me for the controlled assessment. All the places I've found only hold the Biology one. Has anyone else had any luck finding somewhere to take the Human Biology workshop?

Thanks
    Forgot to mention, I've chosen OCR.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 8, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.