Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Sorry if I'm not meant to be posting this here but I just want to let as many people know about the events as possible!

I'm part of the Widening Access to Medical School scheme at Nottingham and we're running a series of free events to make medicine more accessible to everyone at the University of Nottingham throughout this year.

I just thought I'd let you all know that we're running an Introduction to Medicine Evening on 22nd April (Monday!) from 6:30 - 9pm where we'll cover life as a medical student, go into the jobs available after you qualify and try to demystify the admissions process as well as talking about general university life and finances. It's open to anyone who's interested in the local area so if you're free and can get to there then please feel free to come along and bring your parents! Send me a PM if you want some more information

ReputationRep:
    I went to one of these WAMS events many years ago, it was a pretty good introduction and I vaguely remember being taught how to do some basic suturing on pig tissue! Good fun

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.