The Student Room Group

Travel Grant Form

Hi, I'm currently in the US on my year abroad and my parents recently rang student finance to ask whether we were eligible for the travel grant. We were told that I am and that I can find the forms online - but they are not online and they are not available through my account so what should I do? How do I get these forms?
Thanks
Hi Jack,

The forms are usually available under the View Correspondence section of your online account. We will only send these out if your application is based on household income and you've told us on your application that you are abroad.

Do you know if you've done this?

Thanks,
Mark-Lee
Reply 2
Yes, I have done both of those but I've checked under there and it isn't available.

Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi Jack,

The forms are usually available under the View Correspondence section of your online account. We will only send these out if your application is based on household income and you've told us on your application that you are abroad.

Do you know if you've done this?

Thanks,
Mark-Lee
Hi Jack,

Can you send me your Customer Reference Number by private message with the subject TRAVEL FORM please.

Thanks,
Mark-Lee
Reply 4
Hi I messaged you those details and still haven't got a reply.
Jacki
Hi Jack,

I've checked this for you and the reason that a Travel Grant form wasn't sent out to you is because you didn't make us aware that you're on a placement abroad.

When you completed your application you were asked where you would be spending each semester and if you would be on a placement. You need to change this via your online account to qualify for travel grant funding, to do this go to My Account > Make a change

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee
Reply 6
Hi, I changed my current address to abroad but I can't change where I spent each semester because it was last year's application and it's completed. So what should I do?
Thank you
Jacki
Hi again,

You should be able to amend this by going to My Account > Make a Change.

Thanks,
Mark-Lee
Reply 8
Hi,
No I can't - I can only make changes to my 2013/2014 application not the 2012/2013 which I need to.
Jacki
Hi Jack,

In this case you're going to need to either call us or ask your university to send us an update that you're on a placement year.

Thanks,
Mark

Quick Reply

Latest