Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello new to this so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am really confused with how to figure out what to do about my moms new job and her income. Do I just go on last years income 12/13 as she has only had this job since 4 months ago and has not got her P60. Or do I have to have this years 13/14 income? Or both? And how do I change this and how does she? What should she do if she is unable to get her P60 as she will definitely know by 29th of May. Or is this past the deadline? And could you tell me when the deadline is I started my course in September. Sorry for all the questions just want to get them answered.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lauren,

The deadline for new student applications is 31 May.

If you're applying for a grant we'll be asking your Mum to supply her 11/12 tax year's information not the 12/13 or the 13/14.

We'll ask her to provide her National Insurance number along with financial details as we'll use this to verify the income amounts she's given us with HMRC. We would only need physical evidence such as a P60 if HMRC disagreed with the figures she gives.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.