Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In October I started off living with a Syrian and a Chinese person and the Chinese person talked on sykpe for hours on end, I never got headaches in my life before and then I started to have to buy painkillers as I got them regularly, now the Chinese one moved out and in moved another Syrian within a matter of days, it has just been the same story of hours talking on skype up until the wee hours of the morning and the 2 flatmates speak the language to eachother in the flat, arabic I think? has anyone ever had this problem?

ReputationRep:
    My housemate used to talk on Skype in Spanish really loudly for about 4 hours at a time. Was so annoying! I went mad one day and she does it in her room now instead of the living room. Have you spoken to your housemate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiina)
    My housemate used to talk on Skype in Spanish really loudly for about 4 hours at a time. Was so annoying! I went mad one day and she does it in her room now instead of the living room. Have you spoken to your housemate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I doubt that would do any good, we don't have any other rooms anyway. He's actually talking now and has been for 3 hours. When the 2 of them start talking at once it possibly has to be one of the most painful things ever to listen to, each coming from different walls, I just have 7 more weeks here so I'll have to put up with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddman10)
    No, I doubt that would do any good, we don't have any other rooms anyway. He's actually talking now and has been for 3 hours. When the 2 of them start talking at once it possibly has to be one of the most painful things ever to listen to, each coming from different walls, I just have 7 more weeks here so I'll have to put up with it.
    Sorry that sounds crap maybe invest in some ear plugs? Or some speakers so you can drown out the sound... 7 weeks will fly by anyway

ReputationRep:
    yeh play music!! drown them out! If they won't lower their voices you won't lower your music! Life is too short to give a **** what they think if they are ignorant to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiina)
    Sorry that sounds crap maybe invest in some ear plugs? Or some speakers so you can drown out the sound... 7 weeks will fly by anyway
    I bought ear plugs, £2.50 for 3 pairs. It says they are only to be used once and disposed afterwards, I've used the same type in the past and never disposed of them, don't know what harm they can do. I'll need them nearly all day to be able to do work.

ReputationRep:
    Once you have ear plugs, use this to drown other noises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

ReputationRep:
    Keep your earplugs clean to avoid ear infections.Hot water sterilize or baby wipes are good.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to them, not us, you know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marklavender)
    Keep your earplugs clean to avoid ear infections.Hot water sterilize or baby wipes are good.
    The box says not to wash them either, I'm going to though, I've used ear plugs on and off for years without problems.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.