The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Offers

I have a conditional offer (AAA) from Leeds University to study BSc Accounting and Finance, if I get AAB or A*AB on results day, will I still be able to get in?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, thanks for your question!

I've spoken to the admissions team in the Business School, and their response to your question is:

"Congratulations on your offer! In order to be guaranteed a place, students must meet the grades as detailed exactly in their offer (we work on qualification grades and not UCAS tariff points). If a student narrowly misses the grades then we may be flexible when results are released in August. Whilst there are never any guarantees, if there are places available on the programme we may be able to consider students who have placed us as their firm choice but who have dropped a grade."

So, when you get your results in august, the first thing to do is check UCAS Track which will have been updated. You'll also be able to check if you've achieved a place at the University of Leeds via our website - look out for an email which will tell you what you need to do, that will be sent to you in early August. On results day, our Vacancies Call Centre will be open so you can call us to confirm if you've been made a place, and (if you've narrowly missed your grades) if we are still able to accept you on the programme.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need any more info.

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Thanks a lot for the information. There is one other question, is it possible to connect games consoles to the university internet provided by UoL to play online? And if not, is there another way? I checked the UoL website, it mentioned something about a "residence network", what does that mean?
Hi

All rooms have internet access - in the form of a network socket (some halls have wifi, but not all). There may be restrictions on gaming - it really depends on if it involves downloading or file sharing. I;d recommend that you speak to the accommodation officer directly, they can be emailed on [email protected]

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest