Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please ask any questions of the coalition in this thread.

Appointments to
    Her Majesty’s Government
    In Right of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Presented by the Prime Minister
    by Command of Her Majesty

April 2013

Her Majesty the Queen has been pleased to approve the following appointments as Ministers of the Crown:

Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service
    The Rt. Hon Rakas21

Deputy Prime Minister, Lord President of the Council, Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal, First Secretary of State, Leader of the House of Commons
    The Rt. Hon Toronto353

Secretary of State for Constitutional Reform
    The Rt. Hon Macdaddi

Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and International Trade and Development
    The Rt. Hon Moleman1996

Chancellor of the Exchequer
    The Rt. Hon MacDaddi

Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain and Secretary of State for Justice
    The Rt. Hon Life Peer

Secretary of State for the Home Department and Paymaster-General
    The Rt. Hon Wizardtop

Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Work
    The Rt. Hon Tactical Nuclear Penguin

Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
    The Rt. Hon Angry Spartan

Secretary of State for Defence
    The Rt. Hon Qwertish

Secretary of State for Energy, Environment, Food, Rural Affairs and Climate Change
    The Rt. Hon Dapperatchik

Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
    The Rt. Hon Rhadamanthus

Secretary of State for Education and Higher Education
    The Rt. Hon Krollo

Secretary of State for Health
    The Rt. Hon Chrisawhitmore

Secretary of State for Transport
    The Rt. Hon Tufc
    The Rt. Hon Junior Transport Minister: Jaki_B

ReputationRep:
    What is the coalition's agreed agenda (if such a thing exists) for the upcoming term?

ReputationRep:
    Will you embrace any policies of the Monster Raving Loony Party given that I (barnetlad) was unable to commit myself to the session of this TSR parliament and therefore did not seek re-election?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What are the coalition's main priorities this term?

ReputationRep:
    What do you believe are the biggest differences between the parties in the coalition and how will you work to resolve them?

ReputationRep:
    What do the government intend to do about the situation in Syria? it is a situation that has gone unchecked and is vastly out of hand, action needs to be taken to prevent the continued slaughter.

I also ask what the government intends to do about the economy in the prospect of a global downturn with the recent growth figures of many countries being cut, China's growth figures being lower than expected, the US employment numbers being less than stellar and gold on a downward spiral that will most likely continue. Is TSR UK under the leadership of the right wing government prepared for an economic slump?

ReputationRep:
    Just a note for any personal questions to me, i shall be holding PMQ's from next Monday provided Jarred has no objection.

For the rest of you, don't worry i'm not ignoring you. I'm just waiting for a good batch of questions and then they will be answered together.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I've missed PMQs! Woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Will you embrace any policies of the Monster Raving Loony Party given that I (barnetlad) was unable to commit myself to the session of this TSR parliament and therefore did not seek re-election?
    I was considering a private member's bill in which every family in the UK is given a black sheep, in order to make the saying 'there's a black sheep in every family' literally true. Is that the sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    I was considering a private member's bill in which every family in the UK is given a black sheep, in order to make the saying 'there's a black sheep in every family' literally true. Is that the sort of thing?
    As long as it's accompanied by some Black Sheep Ale!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    As long as it's accompanied by some Black Sheep Ale!
    A fine choice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Does the coalition plan to release a Budget this parliament?

ReputationRep:
    When will the first PMQs be and will it spiral downward into "What did the Prime Minister have for lunch?"

(Original post by Birchington)
    Does the coalition plan to release a Budget this parliament?
    I will be releasing one in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    When will the first PMQs be and will it spiral downward into "What did the Prime Minister have for lunch?"
    I had to go out tonight, if Jarred opens the thread tonight that's great, if not tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in assuming that the "Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Work " is a merger of the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Am I right in assuming that the "Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Work " is a merger of the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions?
    Yes.

Also we don't actually have pensions with the RI now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Yes.

Also we don't actually have pensions with the RI now.
    Not the state pension, but as far as I'm aware there's nothing stopping people entering into private pension schemes. Although these obviously aren't administered by the Government, I could see them still being a point for discussion, for instance should the Minister responsible feel unacceptably high risks are being taken with the funds unbeknown to those who hold the plans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Not the state pension, but as far as I'm aware there's nothing stopping people entering into private pension schemes. Although these obviously aren't administered by the Government, I could see them still being a point for discussion, for instance should the Minister responsible feel unacceptably high risks are being taken with the funds unbeknown to those who hold the plans.
    Fair point. The department will still have responsibility for that then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.