Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HEY THERE GUYS!

I'm currently nearing the end of my first sixth form year with a large predicament and that's what University courses that require my A-level choice - Currently I have chosen:

Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology

But I want to do aerospace engineering now which is something I decided late in this year as I love technology and machines.

Queens Mary (which is somewhere I want to go) offers aerospace engineering with a requirement of 3 A's with Maths and a science to go with it - there preferred choice is physics as the extra choice. I intend to pick up Maths A-level and carry it on in a gap year at another sixth form as well as doing AS Physics.

Can I still get chance to grab a place at Uni with this combo of a-level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology? Because this a place I'd love to go and study at.

If you are from Queens Mary University, it would be a massive help if you could fill me in of anyone who has gotten in wi+th out physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ifty426)
    HEY THERE GUYS!

I'm currently nearing the end of my first sixth form year with a large predicament and that's what University courses that require my A-level choice - Currently I have chosen:

Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology

But I want to do aerospace engineering now which is something I decided late in this year as I love technology and machines.

Queens Mary (which is somewhere I want to go) offers aerospace engineering with a requirement of 3 A's with Maths and a science to go with it - there preferred choice is physics as the extra choice. I intend to pick up Maths A-level and carry it on in a gap year at another sixth form as well as doing AS Physics.

Can I still get chance to grab a place at Uni with this combo of a-level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology? Because this a place I'd love to go and study at.

If you are from Queens Mary University, it would be a massive help if you could fill me in of anyone who has gotten in wi+th out physics
    In theory if you are able to get an A in A2 maths on your gap year, you will be eligible to get an offer from the University. How likely you are to get an offer will most probably depend on your achieved grades in other subjects (and in AS Maths).

Perhaps you could drop a subject next year and do 2 A2s + Maths and Physics AS. And then on your "gap year" complete the maths and Physics A Levels. That would tick all of their requirements.

If you are unable to complete Physics A2, then I would strongly advise you to try and do as many mechanics modules in maths as possible. And it would probably be best to explain to the University why you are unable to complete it.

I would strongly advise you to use this link http://www.sems.qmul.ac.uk/ugadmissions/contact.php to email the University explaining your situation, and what would be best to do.

I am not from Queens' Mary, so I will move this to the correct forum in the hope that someone who is at the University can help to advise you also.

ReputationRep:
    lmao guys stop calling it Queens Mary it's not that difficult

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.