Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else detest SnapChat? watch

ReputationRep:
    I cannot understand why people use it, other than to 'sext' randoms.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what it's for. You can't draw a smiley face on your penis and send it to people on any other apps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    That's exactly what it's for. You can't draw a smiley face on your penis and send it to people on any other apps...
    Is that really what people use it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    noppe, i've used it to pull faces at my friends or when i need help choosing what to wear, i like it.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine uses it but just to send pics of her pulling silly faces to people, not for dirty purposes. I didn't know people even used it like that.. :L

What is snapchat?

ReputationRep:
    I love it we have so much fun with it. Normally just when me and my friends aren't living together [away on holiday or whatever] we send photos of what we're doing. Or send ugly photos just for a laugh. Or like once my friend was walking behind my ex and she took a sly photo and sent it. Just random things like that

Edit - using it for anything compromising like dirty pics is pointless, you can take screen prints anyway so it can be permanent :P

ReputationRep:
    last one I sent was in a club so a friend knew where to come find me. normally its just random stuff like that or if I see something in a shop they might like.
    I have one friend who whenever shes drunk sends me millions of pics, last one was of her foot like I don't know what a foot looks like... that's the sort of thing that makes me hate it

ReputationRep:
    I love snapchat, but I only have two people on it and all we do is send ugly pictures to eachother

ReputationRep:
    I dont "detest" it but.. I dont know where I am going with this, I am still stuck with my blackberry till uni. I wouldn't like it though based on what people use it for. If it were for dirty things, sure I guess it makes sense to draw a smiley over your penis (as above) but for silly faces, not at all. I don't like taking personal pictures of myself and pulling silly faces is just a far stretch. And I dislike when people pull silly faces just for laughs. Maybe I will detest it after this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember if you stop being friends with that person, the possible implications of them using those pictures. Definitely a big no no for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    What is snapchat?
    In this modern day and age... :facepalm:

In other words, lad - you're on the internet, search for yourself!

Sometimes I do believe advanced tech is wasted on some... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it! Me and my friends just send awful photos of ourselves to each other though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
    I quite like it! Me and my friends just send awful photos of ourselves to each other though
    Can't you do that on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    Just remember if you stop being friends with that person, the possible implications of them using those pictures. Definitely a big no no for me.
    The photos get automatically deleted after 20 seconds though.

ReputationRep:
    Actually you set a timer, so they can only see it for max 10 secs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't you do that on Facebook?
    I don't really use Facebook, and it is much easier to just open the app and send it.

ReputationRep:
    The photos get automatically deleted after 20 seconds though.
    People post it on fb and take screenshots :rofl:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.