Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I went out Friday to my local city for a night out with all my mates.

I gave her my number.

She becomes over possessive on the same Sunday, even though we're not together, let alone seeing each other.

To characterise her, she reminds me of Kerry off The Inbetweeners.

She won't stop texting me.

I'm currently giving her the cold shoulder.

Should I really be doing this or do something else about it? I'm certain she isn't going to give up soon...

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore her messages, she'll give up eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just tell her to stop texting you as you're not interested? Personally I'd rather someone tell me straight up than just ignore me. She might be hoping your phone is off or you're just too busy to respond. Just tell her to back off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you have a gf. Might do the trick. Or tell it as it is.

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    Why don't you just tell her to stop texting you as you're not interested? Personally I'd rather someone tell me straight up than just ignore me. She might be hoping your phone is off or you're just too busy to respond. Just tell her to back off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've told her to back off... twice. Still little cognition.

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, didn't it annoyed you.
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've told her to back off... twice. Still little cognition.
    Tell her you have AIDS.

ReputationRep:
    do you watch how i met your mother
    if so, do a ted mosbey

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not interested, please leave me alone". Simply not responding is rude and a waste of their time.

ReputationRep:
    Text her saying 'Just spoken to the doctors you might want to get yourself checked out'
    wait five then send
    'sorry wrong person'
    Should do the trick

ReputationRep:
    Don't give her the cold shoulder, she'll just remain persistent.

I say be upfront (as others have mentioned) and make it clear that she's getting a bit obsessive. She's more likely to understand and more importantly, back off.

[EDIT] sorry, didn't see your other post about having told her already. You could possibly blacklist her? You're in luck if you've got an iPhone/Android. Tons of free blacklist apps

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you're gay..? Or that she isn't your type.

ReputationRep:
    Nip it in the bud now, be cruel to be kind! I had a similar problem with a friend of a friend and I tried going down the nice route.5 years later and he is still bugging me. I mean, this guy lives in england, I live in wales, and he will turn up at my work place and home (neither of which I've ever given him the address for). I've had to change my number a few times, and my father seriously considered a restraining order for a while when he started turning up at my parents house in cardiff (I haven't lived there in 4 years).
    I've even lived in the usa for a year since it started and he managed to send me stuff there. He once turned up at my school, when it first started getting creepy, and told reception he was my cousin and i needed to leave school for a family emergency.
    Simply put, I wish I'd been cruel at the stary because now its impossible to get rid of him. The police won't do anything as he's never been threatening in any way. He's almost sweet in a way. He sends gifts to me, he bought me a plane ticket to America once because he heard from a mutual friend how much I missed living there.
    Even so, its weird and can be quite scary as I don't know how he gets hold of my private information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoitsro)
    do you watch how i met your mother
    if so, do a ted mosbey
    I would do the Barney. Sleep with her and say you are off to outer space on a secret mission.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest with her and tell that you're not interested in her that way.

Someone texting you a bit doesn't count as stalking. It might be irritating if you don't want the texts but they aren't following you around.

ReputationRep:
    Post her number here for all the loners & virgins of TSR to see, she will stop bothering you for good. Double win.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a video that was posted in another thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaGFV0YJg-0

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.