Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

am I the only teenager in the world without a social network? Watch

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and a girl. i used to have facebook but i deleted it during high school ad it was getting in the way of my gcses and deleted twitter in the summer as i got sick of it :/ i only have whatsapp which i connect with my friends/family. Is this weird as every single person i know has a social network

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you're not the only teenager in the world without a social network.

ReputationRep:
    I can't keep it up long enough for it to be social.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    im 18 and a girl. i used to have facebook but i deleted it during high school ad it was getting in the way of my gcses and deleted twitter in the summer as i got sick of it :/ i only have whatsapp which i connect with my friends/family. Is this weird as every single person i know has a social network

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of people don't have the internet, so no you're not alone.

Source: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

ReputationRep:
    I do not know many people who do not. Despite using them myself, I recon the world will be a better place without them...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have them either because they are distracting although I feel like I'm missing out sometimes

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only got facebook this year, I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    Social life is an important aspect to a healthy lifestyle so yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeurmind)
    Social life is an important aspect to a healthy lifestyle so yes
    No. I deleted my facebook, twitter and bbm because I outgrew them and people usually annoyed me with some posts. I still have a social life. Having a social life online doesn't correlate to having one in real life.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing strange... I deleted my facebook account 6 month ago and I don't miss it at all... I used to spend too much time on it. Sometimes social networks become a sort of slavery. Now I just use whatsapp and sometimes Twitter, but just to keep in touch with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean being registered to a social networking website. If you have friends and family then you still have a social network, you've just abstained from telling a strange website about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberryyums)
    No. I deleted my facebook, twitter and bbm because I outgrew them and people usually annoyed me with some posts. I still have a social life. Having a social life online doesn't correlate to having one in real life.
    Like being on here ?

Facebook is a social necessity in this day and age if you want to stay socially important

No, I don't have one either.

ReputationRep:
    Most teenagers in third world countries probably don't have a social network account

ReputationRep:
    I don't have them either because they are distracting although I feel like I'm missing out sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Oh do stop being so over-dramatic, OP. If you want to be "in the crowd", then get your account back and stop fretting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeurmind)
    Like being on here ?

Facebook is a social necessity in this day and age if you want to stay socially important

Facebook is not a social necessity. I still get invited to the biggest parties and events and what is even best is, I get direct invites not one on a mass event page. I get as many birthday wishes through calls and messages which means, people do not need facebook to remember my birthday. What were you saying about social importance? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good for you OP, actually well it's not really a big deal either way.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i could get rid of fb too but it keeps me in contact with all my family who live far away plus keep all my pictures there but yea it can be quite soul depleting so i think its good that youve avoided it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.