Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

twisted knee- how long will it take to go away. watch

ReputationRep:
    About two weeks ago i was walking up a mountain in the snow (the snow covered the whole path so we couldn't tell where the path naturally dropped down until we went through the snow haha). My foot went through some snow and i slipped a bit and slightly twisted my knee, i got up straight away and hobbled for about 5 mins and it seemed to go away and i thought nothing of it, it didn't hurt at all when i got home.

Two days later I did a 5.5 mile race and about the third mile and the start of the major incline for that race it started hurting and i could feel it every step. Not so much on impact but when i was pushing off and I could feel it for a bit after the race.

I didn't do a lot of running i focused on gym work for the next couple of days and then went on holiday for a week so haven't done any running for about 2 weeks.

Yesterday i decided to go out (i thought nothing of my knee because it hadnt given me any trouble since the race) it was only 3.5 miles and by the 2.5 mile mark it flared up again and towards the end it was really bad and i had to stop 200 m from my house. This time it has been hurting ever since, i can feel it when i'm walking around and i stupidly decided to do another run today, a gentle 2 mile jog, but it killed about 0.75 miles in and is sore again now.

Just wondering how long it will take to heal, roughly. Also is there anything i can do to speed it up cos i've only just got the running bug back and i don;t want to be off it for too long in case i lose the motivation.

ReputationRep:
    literally just laugh it better. watch funny programmes, films, anything that cracks you up really. Laughter is the best medicine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.