Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What would you consider a good reason for not getting better GCSE grades? Like if you were applying to some sort of law programme or UCAS even, what do you think could be said that would justify not getting better grades?

ReputationRep:
    - illness
    - family problems
    - disruption of schoolwork for some other reason

Not sure if there are any others universities might consider 'good reasons'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    What would you consider a good reason for not getting better GCSE grades? Like if you were applying to some sort of law programme or UCAS even, what do you think could be said that would justify not getting better grades?

severe injuries for which you had to stay in hospital for a considerable amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    - illness
    - family problems
    - disruption of schoolwork for some other reason

Not sure if there are any others universities might consider 'good reasons'...
    i agree.... not a lot of other reasons to use really...

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get then? (ithat you need an excuse for)

ReputationRep:
    The fact I went to a school where the GCSE pass rate at 5 A*-C was only 9%. I got 5 C's and 4d's, as I result I got my picture in the paper for being a star pupil, that is how bad the school was!

It has closed down though.

ReputationRep:
    riiight.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.