Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been friends with a girl at school for 3 years. I stuck in a friend zone of an exotic variety. she is constantly flirting with me, and each of us are often getting asked why we are not together. however if I try to make a move, she will brush me off and say something like "please don't". I am in love with her, and she pretty much knows, and is fine with it. however the flirting for nothing is killing me. should i tell her to stop it, or try and make her jealous to escape the friend zone? Any suggestions appart from give up on her?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to stop it. If she doesn't feel it she doesn't feel it and that's not her fault. But she shouldn't be flirting with you when she knows your feelings for her, that's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    The flirting can be friendly as well. I'm single and flirt with my female friends but that doesn't mean I "like like" them. I don't want any relationship with them. It might be the same thing with you and her. You could try and be with someone else and see her reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagga)
    The flirting can be friendly as well. I'm single and flirt with my female friends but that doesn't mean I "like like" them. I don't want any relationship with them. It might be the same thing with you and her. You could try and be with someone else and see her reaction.
    I hope you're not implying that he should get with someone else just so he can try and peak the other girls interests in him. Using other people to create jealousy isn't cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TreeOfKnowledge)
    I hope you're not implying that he should get with someone else just so he can try and peak the other girls interests in him. Using other people to create jealousy isn't cool.
    Yes it is. Take the advice and make her jealous, its not like you're in a relationship. Don't become obsessed with one girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. This is why this chap is the "TreeOfKnowledge" lol

Its not right if she flirts with you knowing you have feelings for her. If you stop flirting, she should too. Its also not right to make her jealous. Best to back down for a while and see what happens. If she's playing hard to get, she may then initiate something. If she isn't, you've probably already wasted enough time (3 years). I'm sure you could have found someone else in that time.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, she's a *****, come to terms with this and move on.

Not an authentic *****, just subconsciously a *****. She knows you're infatuated, but she wants you around for an ego-boost. Male or female it's nice having someone find you attractive. She has no plans of taking things further with you.

What you need to do is be a man and get the stink of some other girls pussy on you, so she can get a whiff of that. Girls want the guy that others girls want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

Not an authentic *****, just subconsciously a *****. She knows you're infatuated, but she wants you around for an ego-boost. Male or female it's nice having someone find you attractive. She has no plans of taking things further with you.

What you need to do is be a man and get the stink of some other girls pussy on you, so she can get a whiff of that. Girls want the guy that others girls want.

Oh give the girl a break, the OP comes off really desperate and so I can understand the poor girl's reservations about courting him.

The OP could also be misreading the signals because he's obsessed with her, can you imagine hanging about with someone for 3years+ in the hopes that you'll bed them someday?:mmm:

In short::nopity:

ReputationRep:
    My first question is "What do you mean by flirting exactly?" Cause a friend of mine thought I was flirting with him when I was just trying to be nice.

ReputationRep:
    I know its not a good thing but how else would you find out how she truly felt? I would however notify the other girl(s) you're trying to be with to induce jealousy the true purpose behind your actions as I'm strictly against leading people on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Yes it is. Take the advice and make her jealous, its not like you're in a relationship. Don't become obsessed with one girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's low. It's okay to be interested in multiple girls, but if your ultimate goal is to get one girl jealous by using others that's just plain wrong. It'll create a similar problem. What if one of the girls he 'uses' to get his target jealous develops feelings for him?

(Original post by Sagga)
    I know its not a good thing but how else would you find out how she truly felt? I would however notify the other girl(s) you're trying to be with to induce jealousy the true purpose behind your actions as I'm strictly against leading people on.
    She's already shown how she truly feels! If she has not accepted his advances for three years she does not want to be with him. As for your second part that's acceptable if the other person agrees...however once again, what if she develops feelings for him? To create jealousy they will have to do alot together and it could get a whole lot more complicated.

Haahha superduper9 :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

I was going to say something along the lines of this, minus the 'stink' of some other girls pussy, I would describe it as...'essence' :yep:

But yeah OP, you need to just make it clear to this girl that you're only interested in flirting with her if its going to go further, if not then you should probably just stop talking to her for a while :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying to use the girls, I'm saying to pursue the girls without the intention of getting with his friend.

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, I was like this with a girl once. Told her I liked her, she ****ed me around, so I got off with a few hot girls and she said she felt the same way

ReputationRep:
    tbh, i think i'm gonna go down the jealousy route... i've always been there for her in the past, so now is the time for some stinky puus.

(Original post by bivbiv)
    tbh, i think i'm gonna go down the jealousy route... i've always been there for her in the past, so now is the time for some stinky puus.
    its a bit of a douchebag move though and could actually put her off if she did like you as she might not think youll be faithful and committed to her, id advise against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bivbiv)
    I have been friends with a girl at school for 3 years. I stuck in a friend zone of an exotic variety. she is constantly flirting with me, and each of us are often getting asked why we are not together. however if I try to make a move, she will brush me off and say something like "please don't". I am in love with her, and she pretty much knows, and is fine with it. however the flirting for nothing is killing me. should i tell her to stop it, or try and make her jealous to escape the friend zone? Any suggestions appart from give up on her?
    just act like you don't like her anymore pay more attention to other people. this will drive her crazy

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.