Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have a 'work night out' coming up and I don't tend to dress up often so would appreciate any help with fashion advice!

I'm thinking of wearing the following dress with black tights:
    Name:  1366148821791.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  15.6 KB

Then maybe these shoes:
    Name:  1366148851048.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  8.6 KB

Would this be too much? Or maybe I should tone it down with some black Dr Martens? I should probably mention that I'm not really a girly girl if you couldn't tell already, so a dress and heels are something still kind of new to me.

What do you think? Please be honest!!

ReputationRep:
    I like it! A lot of black though but still nice. Shoes aren't to my taste personally but I can see how it would come together as a nice outfit.

ReputationRep:
    I like the dress. The shoes, no. Just go with heels

ReputationRep:
    Nice!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies or would it look better with bare legs? Don't think I have the confidence though

ReputationRep:
    Really, it depends on what your aims and objectives are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Really, it depends on what your aims and objectives are.
    Expand please? Not sure I follow

ReputationRep:
    I like the outfit and the shoes. I'm not a girly girl either so chunkier is generally better with me, not into dainty/glitzy footwear.

You'll look nice and pretty but able to stomp on anyone if they mess with you

ReputationRep:
    I think this would look good. Those shoes wouldn't be everyone's style but I really like them. Where did you get them from? I want some like that now.
    or would it look better with bare legs? Don't think I have the confidence though
    I don't think it matters that much. I'd wear it with bare legs, but my legs are bare most of the time anyway. It would probably look just as good with tights, so whatever you're most comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    Forget the black tights.

ReputationRep:
    no black tights, it will be too much. Maybe go tight less or nude tights

ReputationRep:
    I think it's good I wouldn't wear tights though, bit too black then. Maybe you could wear nude ones, if you really want to wear tights

ReputationRep:
    I love the outfit and definitely agree with the comments about the nude tights

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence guys I'm not too confident about my legs but I may go with the nude tights after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alesha1991)
    I think this would look good. Those shoes wouldn't be everyone's style but I really like them. Where did you get them from? I want some like that now.
    Got them from schuh in the sale. The brand is red or dead and the name of the shoe is called in bloom x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.