Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey im new and currently investigating what paths to choose for university> if anyone can shed some light on the ICT in queens it would be a good help! hehe

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm also new. Looking at the undergraduate prospectus for entry (2014) the ICT courses that are available seem to be:

Business IT (AAB at A level + GCSE Maths)
    Computer Games Development (AAB at A level including Maths/Physics + GCSE Maths)
    Computer Science (BBB at A level including Computing/Maths + GCSE Maths)
    Computing and Information Technology (ABB at A level + GCSE Maths)

Hope I helped, make sure you get your C in GCSE Maths if you haven't already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcousins121)
    Hey im new and currently investigating what paths to choose for university> if anyone can shed some light on the ICT in queens it would be a good help! hehe
    I was meant to start there last year but withdrew my application. From what I saw and from what I did experience the lecturers are all fairly good and most are good fun. Graduate prospects are great for Computer Scientists but I'm not sure about ICT grads!

The social aspect of the Computing courses is what put me off, a considerable amount of other students had poor social skills and couldn't interact/socialize as well as I would've been comfortable with. Although this is solely my opinion and was a completely different year group.

I have a friend who's doing Game Development and he loves it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesplussky)
    Hello, I'm also new. Looking at the undergraduate prospectus for entry (2014) the ICT courses that are available seem to be:

Business IT (AAB at A level + GCSE Maths)
    Computer Games Development (AAB at A level including Maths/Physics + GCSE Maths)
    Computer Science (BBB at A level including Computing/Maths + GCSE Maths)
    Computing and Information Technology (ABB at A level + GCSE Maths)

Hope I helped, make sure you get your C in GCSE Maths if you haven't already!
    yeah the business IT course is really interesting me!
    oh i know hehe i have my B, was hard enough to get so im sticking with it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01Chris02)
    I was meant to start there last year but withdrew my application. From what I saw and from what I did experience the lecturers are all fairly good and most are good fun. Graduate prospects are great for Computer Scientists but I'm not sure about ICT grads!

The social aspect of the Computing courses is what put me off, a considerable amount of other students had poor social skills and couldn't interact/socialize as well as I would've been comfortable with. Although this is solely my opinion and was a completely different year group.

I have a friend who's doing Game Development and he loves it!
    Awh right< well ive been told i can talk for Ireland yano so im sure the social aspect i mightened have a problem with hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcousins121)
    yeah the business IT course is really interesting me!
    oh i know hehe i have my B, was hard enough to get so im sticking with it lol
    Congratulations on your B! I hope it all works out for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.