Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can i transfer after a engineering foundation year?
    I am going to Plymouth uni for a Beng in mechanical engineering with a foundation year. However i really have my heart set on Newcastle or Exeter would it be possible to transfer to a different uni after the foundation year? As I know that with the Nottingham engineering foundation year you can. Any knowledge would be useful

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately It wont be possible because Universities Normally tend to expect to have Stand Alone Foundation Degree instead of join 4 Year course because The core subjects you study at Foundation year carries on with advance level in year 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would still be worth asking. I've seen some courses where, as part of the entry requirements, they'll include a message about the suitability of the foundation year in their requirements.

Best thing to do would be to ask! Send them an email or give them a ring. Explain your position and what you want to do. The admissions people are usually very friendly about that sort of thing. Would your finance be affected in any way because of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy2712)
    I am going to Plymouth uni for a Beng in mechanical engineering with a foundation year. However i really have my heart set on Newcastle or Exeter would it be possible to transfer to a different uni after the foundation year? As I know that with the Nottingham engineering foundation year you can. Any knowledge would be useful

(Original post by kameestar)
    Unfortunately It wont be possible because Universities Normally tend to expect to have Stand Alone Foundation Degree instead of join 4 Year course because The core subjects you study at Foundation year carries on with advance level in year 1 and 2.
    It's possible just email the universities

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it is possible as I have spoken to an admissions tutor from Cardiff and she didn't see any problem with it as lomg as I get a certain required percentage for each uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy2712)
    You should email the universities, see if they would accept your qualification from Plymouth. Some unis do some don't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.