Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea what to do next?
    Do i apply for accomadation via my firms website? I'm not sure whether im supposed to apply for accomadation for my insurance too kr not?
    And i also need to get my student finance stuff sorted right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind I would like to tag into this. Would like to know. I'm in the same position

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You now need to apply for your accommodation at both your firm & insurance & Apply for student finance. You should get an email with the link to choosing your accommodation although some unis may be different to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorttstuff)
    You now need to apply for your accommodation at both your firm & insurance & Apply for student finance. You should get an email with the link to choosing your accommodation although some unis may be different to others.
    Okay i'll wait until tomorrow night to see if i get an email, if not i'll apply for accommodation via the university websites tomorrow, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get your student finance sorted and apply for accommodation. I'm not sure if your insurance choice lets you choose accommodation yet, you may have to wait until results day to know if you're definitely going there to apply, but all first years are guaranteed accommodation anyway, so you'll have somewhere to live. Sort out your firm accommodation first and then check your insurance and see if you can apply.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the uni. I firmed in January, but can't apply for accommodation til May, and contrary to someone above, not all unis guarantee first years accommodation. Mine doesn't. It's luck of the draw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My sisters unis were meant to give first years accommodation. Both cocked up which meant the first year in Middlesex she lived with her boyf in london... Then dropped out. In the 2nd year (Bournemouth) the woman who said 'oh yes this wont happen again, you're safe in my hands' quit and when she phoned to ensure accommodation was there they didnt have her name down. Luckily people didn't get the grades so she got a room in the end at the 2nd uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All unis have different policy on accommodation. The uni am going to in September. Opened application end of march. It first come first serve basis at the uni as they just isn't enough accommodation. Through my uni sent everyone am email saying first 500 accommodation applicant that had firmed the uni would be guaranteed a place in halls. With a promo code too use on application. I applied as soon as I could. So am hopefully I get my preferred halls and room. I done my student finance all I got to do now is get my bits and piece together. Sort parking permit for uni nearer time and sort student bank account out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.