The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Would it be foolish to not revise the media's influence on voting behaviour?

It seems like it will be a voting system question, but I really know nothing for the effect of media so I'm just worried in case it does make an appearance...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1001
is anyone elses plan for ethnic minorities influencing the outcome of elections basically the same as their plan for ethnic minorities progress / participation in politics?:s-smilie:
How would you revise the political progress of ethnic minorities in the US? Is that linked in with a Q on their influence on elections or could it be asked as a completely different question altogether?
Original post by JessicaLee123
thanks!
have you guys mainly revised STV and AMS yeah? i asked my teacher about party list and see what she says tommorow :biggrin:

Party list is really simple, its highly unlikely that they will ask us a question on it, so i would just brush over it, wouldn't spend to much time on it! Would more likely be AMS of STV xx
I'm feeling conflicted - part of me wants the exam to be over, another part wants to freeze time!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
How would you revise the political progress of ethnic minorities in the US? Is that linked in with a Q on their influence on elections or could it be asked as a completely different question altogether?

different question altogether i think but you can draw certain aspects from influence on elections depending what your answer is like for example low turnout can be used for both :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Planning to stay up all night with the company of red bulls, this shall be fun :frown:
id learn social and economic inequalites in America just abit incase it comes up

Do you not think it's unlikely that a question on social and economic inequalities will come up again, so soon after 2011?
How do you guys revise for the exam? Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeannFraser
Do you not think it's unlikely that a question on social and economic inequalities will come up again, so soon after 2011?

yeah but the american dream might and american dream and government reducing inequalites was just one year apart. :smile:

who knows :P
yeah but the american dream might and american dream and government reducing inequalites was just one year apart. :smile:

who knows :P

You betting on any specific questions coming up yourself?
Reply 1011
can sombody please help me on political progress of ethnic minorities
Reply 1012
Original post by fjords
Eh, I just realised that I really have no idea how to structure an essay on government strategies to reduce health inequalities...

Any help? I have info on all the policies/schemes (smoking ban, school meals, prescriptions etc) but I don't really know what to do with the info to make a decent essay...

Anyone at all? Still really unsure about this and it's likely that it could come up :/
Could someone give me maybe 4 of the main points I would want to make in a "political progress of ethnic minorities in the US" question?

I would be really grateful of any help - we didn't cover this in class because we ran out of time :frown:
Are people not worried of like pr systems leading to a demise of the 2 party system coming up??

Posted from TSR Mobile
IM SO STRESSED AND WORRIED!!! I haven't done nearly enough, omgggg.... I bet all the ones I predicted wont come up and then I won't know what I write aghhh!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1016
Original post by Supertwadds
Could someone give me maybe 4 of the main points I would want to make in a "political progress of ethnic minorities in the US" question?

I would be really grateful of any help - we didn't cover this in class because we ran out of time :frown:

me too please
Well guys these are my final predictions for Section 1D - AMS or STV vs FPTP for Section 2 - something like income affects health or government policies to reduce inequalities for Section 3C - Ethnic influence on vote or Immigration and finally for Section 3E - NGOs or UNO's or Health and Education affecting development..... What do you guys think????
Guys, please, please, please can someone mail me or post here a full PR VS FPTP essay? I have no clue how to structure this!!! :colondollar:
Seriously guys, search this thread before asking questions.. chances are you'll find your answer as someone has already answered it (or several people have answered it several times).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending