Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I have 3 exams in 8 weeks , unit 1, 2 and 3.

can anybody suggest a good website, or some helpful tips which will help me revise.

Im doing foundation by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davekhan)

can anybody suggest a good website, or some helpful tips which will help me revise.

BBC Bitesize?

ReputationRep:

Ask your teacher who knows you for advice on what you need to do.
    Use MyMaths if your school subscribes or MathsWatch CD if your school will buy them.
    Get a good revision guide matched to the syllabus and do lots of questions to practice.
    I quite like this one:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/New-.../9781408506196

I really like these but so far I have only seen them on sale direct to schools from the publisher
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Revi.../9781447941323
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Revi.../9781447941408

Do as many past papers and practice papers as you can find to continually assess your skills and work on what you don't know/can't do. Ask your teacher for them if you can't find them.

Don't completely rely on your teacher to guess what you need help with. Do some work and find out what you can't do so you can ask your teacher for specific help in lessons and go to any extra revision sessions that are on offer.

ReputationRep:
    3 exams in the space of 8 weeks or 3 exams altogether in 8 weeks' time?

Find the AQA textbook and read it, and combine it with Google. GCSEs, all you need is the textbook and Google.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get there results to day, i'm sick of resitting so many times, this time i revised 2 months in advance but still managed to get a D i was doing foundation unit one, passed unit 2. i really need the GCSE maths qualification as i want to get on the uni course i applied for

ReputationRep:

yes try maths watch, kahn academy, CGP books and do loads of past papers, I've failed so many times also today I've started revising again from today, in summer i have to do unit 1 & 3 and im also going to do the edexcel one.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.