Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    quick question! I'm in my final year and had a bit of a rough year which has impacted in my essays. First two years I've scraped a 2:1 this year been getting thirds

does this mean my overall mark will be pulled down to a third degree classification!?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the weighting each year your course has. So first year might be 10% weight second year 20% and final 70%. Final year is most likely the most important check your university website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    It depends on the weighting each year your course has. So first year might be 10% weight second year 20% and final 70%. Final year is most likely the most important check your university website.
    Hi first year is worth 10% second 30% third 60%
    would this mean I'd get a third?
    Thnk you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keeleigh1012)
    Hi first year is worth 10% second 30% third 60%
    would this mean I'd get a third?
    Thnk you
    It depends on the exact marks, so we can't say for sure.

But lets say you averaged 60% (the minimum 2:1) in the first two years to be conservative.

With a 10-30-60 split, in order to be pulled down to a third, you'd need 43.3% in the final year.

So you'd have to get a low third in the final year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.