Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was going to apply for work experience at the Game store in my town center, and I told my best friend this. Yesterday, she told me her work placements - one in one store, and one in Game store. She basically stole my work placement off of me and now has two self-placements sorted for herself - well good for her, because since she stole my placement I don't have anywhere.
    I really want work experience in gaming, technology, ict, progamming, animating, design or art. I'm aware that working in Game would just be retail but I'd be able to explore my passion a bit more and I have always wanted to try out working there.
    Does anyone have any suggestions for work experience in those areas in Kent?

;-; I haven't confronted my friend about stealing my placement, I don't want to cause any trouble and she can't change it now.

ReputationRep:
    How did she sort it out so quickly? Maybe she had already spoken to them previously and started the process. Does your school/college not offer any assistance with getting a placement? You could ust try your high street, or google for an animation or design company in kent and then try cold calling/emailing about work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    How did she sort it out so quickly? Maybe she had already spoken to them previously and started the process. Does your school/college not offer any assistance with getting a placement? You could ust try your high street, or google for an animation or design company in kent and then try cold calling/emailing about work experience?
    I asked my school and they simply said they don't have any placements in that area of work experience. I've been checking my area online and out in town for work placements but there don't seem to be any. A webdesign company called Sea Dragon didn't have any available, Play Away doesn't do work experience, Strange Cargo couldn't take me on, the ICT technicians at my school haven't replied - so I'm going to try emailing the Game store in a different area of Kent that's still close by.

If you come across any possible work experience placements by chance, please let me know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.