The Student Room Group

Is a few days enough for revising sufficient?

OK so I may have messed up my revision a bit. I have been incredibly lazy and have still not got my revision material sorted. At present it looks like I wont have my notes ready for revision until a couple of days before my first exam. Do you think it would be OK to spend two days re-reading notes? or is two days just not sufficient?
When's your exams ?
Just go off your gut instinct. Chill out, spend the next few days having fun. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by TheCount.
OK so I may have messed up my revision a bit. I have been incredibly lazy and have still not got my revision material sorted. At present it looks like I wont have my notes ready for revision until a couple of days before my first exam. Do you think it would be OK to spend two days re-reading notes? or is two days just not sufficient?

For university? That's cutting it very fine.

I've got a pretty good memory and can just about cram stuff in there a day or so in advance of an exam, but your main sticking point is likely to be answering questions and identifying issues, which you won't have had chance to practise by rote learning your notes. Don't try and learn everything - just learn enough well. infairverona's thread on selective revision might be of interest to you. :smile:
Reply 4
How is 2 days ever going to be sufficient?!

I suppose if you look at it from another angle, you're kind of revising when making your notes (assuming you're actually writing/typing it without copying off different sources)
Cut to working through probable questions and making some generic essay/answer plans. It might be sufficient, only you'll be able to tell, but your best bet is probably to cut straight to exam technique, question prediction and last minute cramming.
Reply 6
I try to at least have 10 days. You are pushing it with two. You need to be doing practice papers as well!
Pro-tip: Stop being lazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending