Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Discrimination at school because of fatigue. Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a diabetic type 1, and mornings for me aren't easy. You see I suffer from fatigue a lot, I go to bed early, but I can't wake up on time. Most diabetics get fatigue because of the glucose and insulin imbalance which means we can get tired easily. For the past few weeks, I have only been late a couple of times. They used to ask you why you was late and then sign you in, but now they make you queue up at the gate and wait, then when it's your turn they just ask your name ad then put late, don't even ask for a reason. I have had a 30 min detention, mum phoned up and explained the situation and said I wasn't doing it. And then I was told I had an 1 hour detention, and I shouted out " I ain't ****ing doing that, you discriminating *******s' my mum went in then next say and gave them a *******ing, though, I feel it's going to happen again. Do you think I can evade this by saying the fatigue, I don't lie and wish I could be in for on time but I struggle. Would you guys feel discriminated if you where in my case. So ****ing pissed off with their system and I have never done a detention. They are all piss-takers!

ReputationRep:
    If its a genuine medical problem they should have no choice but to let you off. You don't want to go shouting and swearing about it though. It will just make them dislike you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.