Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason I cant figure this one out is due to my very black and white thinking. I have a shower every night and wash my hair because I train/exercise most evenings and Im sweaty as hell including my hair. I have very wavy/messy hair and when i wake up in the morning it looks like a 1920's school girl style, basically dull and ugly. I tried using sprays etc but they dont help and i try dampening it but its not enough, I end up washing it again.

Washing it every night and every morning isnt really good so Im wondering how can i get it looking nice in the morning? I used to straighten it which solved the problem but it looked very limp and flat plus straightening every day isnt good either.

ReputationRep:
    Switch your routine and wash it in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    Switch your routine and wash it in the morning.
    I cant sleep with sweaty hair I need to feel clean before bed.

ReputationRep:
    What type of hair do you have?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair every morning, then tie it up for work and shove a clip in.

Sort of like this, but my hair's a lot curlier...

Then on the weekends I straighten it.

Why not just tie your hair up?

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair at night because I leave so early in the mornings, and I tend to wash it at 8 or 9 then towel dry it a little bit, then at 11 or 12 just before I go to sleep I put it in the highest ponytail I can and plait it (the ponytail helps make the waves start earlier than regular plaits if that makes sense). Then in the morning I take it out and either comb through with my fingers and add a little bit of salt spray, which is a bit more textured and 'beachy', or brush it through and add serum, which is a what I normally do for work

ReputationRep:
    You could always try using some sort of shine serum or hair oils? I have thick wavy hair and always used to try and straighten it, but since my hair is so stubborn it not only took ages but fried my hair! Now I use the Toni and Guy shine gloss serum and it just smoothes down the frizz and make my hair look naturally wavy but styled at the same time! It doesn't make my hair greasy either so you could give it a go and see what you think
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I wash my hair in the evening as I have to get up early in the mornings. I have really quite thick hair with a bit of a wave through it which I used to straighten when I could but it is damaging and time consuming,so after washing and towel drying I tend to use a styling mousse/serum (boots firm hold or no oil oil percy and reed serum for thick hair) and dry as normal.This controls the frizz and thickness I've found without as much heat damage.

If things are truly lost I either pull it half up/down and secure with a small clasp,pull it back with a bigger claw clasp or just a bun with a hairband on occasion(I have a navy and white polka dot one I use to make a bun look a bit more interesting)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.