Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Happy to see the horror' of Boston Marathon bombing... Watch

ReputationRep:
    "American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaeda-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said early Tuesday.

Source: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/375...rathon-bombing

Just some news for discussion.

ReputationRep:
    How is this any different then what westboro Baptist church said?

Or do you only want to pick and quote muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Assuming that I knew about what the WBC said. :rolleyes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Umar1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's fair to pick on any individuals 'happy to see horror' of this kind.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Perhaps there would not have been any blood spilt in Iraq and.Afghanistan had a group of nut case extremists not wanted to spill blood in America

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is he referring to this? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/wo...stan.html?_r=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    No-one knows who did this and no-one has claimed they did this. So tacitly linking the bombings to religious fundamentalists in the name of 'discussion' is presumptuous, highly inflammatory and incredibly insensitive.

Thoughts should be with the good people of Boston who lost their lives and loved ones and those who must now live with their injuries for the rest of their lives.
    Nowhere on the post have I tacitly linked the Boston killings to religious fundamentalists. Stop being tacitly PC!

ReputationRep:
    I bet Muslims will be banned from being close to the London marathon course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Perhaps there would not have been any blood spilt in Iraq and.Afghanistan had a group of nut case extremists not wanted to spill blood in America

Posted from TSR Mobile
    +1, are we forgetting that extremists targeted us even before 9/11 and the start of the 'war on terror'? Prior to that the US actions in foreign countries were solely political and aimed at governmental organisations. Now there has to be more innocent blood spilt given the nature of terrorists and where they choose to make their homes (e.g. in the middle of communities, often next to schools and so forth)

ReputationRep:
    For those wondering what the West Boro Baptist Church said:

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...st-church-says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    "American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaeda-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said early Tuesday.

Source: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/375...rathon-bombing

Just some news for discussion.
    although i dont agree with america/britain being in afganistan and iraq, they went there to get rid of the taliban, find osama bin laden and saddam husseins 'weapons of mass destruction'.

getting rid of the taliban and saddam hussein helped the people in those countries out. they had terrible lives before. the only reason there still there is cos of idiots blowing themselves up. tbh i think they should leave and let those countries fight their own wars- would they help us if we were controlled by religious lunatics?

the americans and britains have never been aiming to kill civillians in those countries, some may have got killed along the way, but how many have been killed at the hands of fellow muslims through suicide bombings?

this boston bombings was a pointless attack on innocent people including children.
    just wish there was a way of re-educating the world so muppets like this dont think 'its their duty' to kill children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    Is that the best your one little braincell could come up with?

ReputationRep:
    They wont seeing as

A. There isnt any link to muslims causing this

B. Only a select few muslims would be guilty if it was them, why punish a large amount for the actions of a tiny amount?

ReputationRep:
    I can just see a story in the DM on Monday about Musims being discriminated against at the marathon.

ReputationRep:
    This is mild compared to the usual reaction by some Muslims who hold street parties when Americans, Jews etc are bombed.

ReputationRep:
    *american ignorance rant coming up*

I dont condone what happeed in boston, yet how can you americans only care about boston. It's sickening to know that while 3 people died, the americans murder 30x that amount everday. Kids, fathers and mothers all innocent. Only you dont see it on american news, because then 'troop worship' will die out. (yes, america literally worships and praise their troops like nazis did their hitler). When the century 16 massacre happened, america decided to ****ing overhaul its gun laws but when burma was massacring muslims they didnt even report it! Also saddam never had nukes, only chemical weapons. So that crap about him having nukes isnt true. You americans just needed more oil so you murdered 3000 of your own, scapegoated muslims and the product is more money in your pockets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MujtabaBajwa)

I dont condone what happeed in boston, yet how can you americans only care about boston. It's sickening to know that while 3 people died, the americans murder 30x that amount everday. Kids, fathers and mothers all innocent. Only you dont see it on american news, because then 'troop worship' will die out. (yes, america literally worships and praise their troops like nazis did their hitler). When the century 16 massacre happened, america decided to ****ing overhaul its gun laws but when burma was massacring muslims they didnt even report it! Also saddam never had nukes, only chemical weapons. So that crap about him having nukes isnt true. You americans just needed more oil so you murdered 3000 of your own, scapegoated muslims and the product is more money in your pockets.
    Why does everyone seem to care much more about 3 Americans in Boston than 30 muslims in Afghanistan? Because, in the words of the Joker, 'it's all part of the plan'. That is the sad reality of it.

From another angle, in most cases these people die after getting caught in the crossfire. For example recently, 11 children were killed by NATO (generally they just say NATO when there are tragedies like this to spread the blame) however there was also 8 militants killed. This doesn't make it ok, however it does draw a line that separates what happened in Boston for example and the type of killings you are talking about.

Generally children won't be playing in battlefields, so obviously residential areas are targeted because there are thought to be rebels there. To me, this is unacceptable. What it shows is that rather than sending in an infantry unit who are trained in close quarters to distinguish friendly from foe, they would rather drop a bomb and if innocents are killed 'oh well, it's collateral, these things happen in wars'. A soldiers life is worth more than 10 kids is what they are saying really.

So while I see your point, it is invalid as there is a difference in the killing.

In regards to the rest of your post, nobody said Sadaam had nukes, WMDs are not nukes.

As for 9/11, why would anyone think it is a good idea to destroy one of the most important financial buildings in the US? Why would destroying part of the economy be a good idea when you 'need cash'? It is a bit like saying, I need to travel 10miles on foot in one day...better shoot myself in the foot first. There would have been plenty of other ways to kill 3000 people in a populated area.

ReputationRep:
    I think it looked a lot more like IRA bombings than Islam extremists, if you look at the patterns and characteristics in history actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MujtabaBajwa)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's ironic.

The amount of ignorance in that rant about ignorance :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    It's ironic.

The amount of ignorance in that rant about ignorance :mmm:
    Feels like you want an argument, but i wont start one, everyone is entitled to hold an opinion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.