Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    This year I am planning to start my studies in England - Liverpool architecture course. However studying costs as we all know. From my calculations it is £9000 fee + £10000 life expenses annually. I am from middle Europe, so there are flights included. I heard there is something like immigrant worker status which is based on working before studies and then continuing work during course. I also heard that in many cases huge money is awarded for such people. I want to know what conditions I have to meet. How long work during this summer and where to apply. What kind of documents I need. And of course whether am I a suitable person to get such financing.

    My next question is concerning student loans for fees. When to apply?

    Last question is about any scholarships available for IB students for Liverpool. I saw on the website that there is award for having 36 in IB but for internationals. It is a little bit confusing that one time as eu citizen I am international but sometimes I am home student.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Danielak,

    You're referring to funding for Migrants Workers.

    From the information you've provided you will not be eligible to receive this as Migrant Workers are classed as those people who have come to the UK primarily to work and who have then decided to study too.

    It sounds as though you are coming to the UK primarily to study however. For more information on your eligibility please contact your Migrant Workers team at [email protected].

    If you do not qualify for funding as a Migrant Worker you can still apply for a Tuition Fee Loan to pay your fee costs as long as you're an EU national.

    Bursaries and scholarships are provided by individual colleges and universities so you will need to contact them directly to find out if you're eligible to receive any.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.