Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    …..

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I'm in your situation, but the foundation year really is a great opportunity to get into a calibre of university that you probably would not have otherwise been in a position to go to. It's only one extra year, and you'll be living as any regular first year student would - in halls, doing freshers week and all that. As a bonus feature, you may also be eligible for a £5000 bursary for doing a foundation year, depending on your household income http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergra...and-bursaries/

ReputationRep:
    I got a offer for Engineering with Integrated foundation year at Manchester uni. I think i'm going to do pretty bad in my exam though tbh, they offered me ABC but i emailed them to lower my offer and they replied saying they would let me in with BBC but i don't think i'll even get that. How lenient are they with the foundation year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamer)
    I got a offer for Engineering with Integrated foundation year at Manchester uni. I think i'm going to do pretty bad in my exam though tbh, they offered me ABC but i emailed them to lower my offer and they replied saying they would let me in with BBC but i don't think i'll even get that. How lenient are they with the foundation year?
    I got an ABB offer.how did you manage to Lower it? I really like manchester.student satisfaction I'm not sure of.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't lower it, just sometimes they don't turn you down if you're a grade under what you need

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a foundation year, need AAB though. Anyone done the life sciences foundation year before??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.