Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an IB student currently studying for my final exams and was wondering whether I am able to apply to NCH.

I understand that a typical offer is 36 with 666, and was wondering how lenient the university is if a student misses their offer? Or are they like other universities where if you miss an offer you either have to retake or apply elsewhere?

Though I have gone through UCAS and received 4 out of my 5 offers, I am concerned that I will not meet my requirements of 37-38 and instead get 33-34.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Dear Sallyanne,

I am so sorry that we did not see your post sooner. What degree subject are you interested in studying?

I do hope that your exams went better than expected but if you are still interested in NCH we would be delighted to hear from you. We do give a general guidance of 36 with 666 as our requirement from IB students, but as we take a personal approach to admissions including interviews, written work samples and a reference, we are able to be flexible and make our decisions based on whether we think each individual would flourish in our academic environment.

Best regards,
    Jane

ReputationRep:
    Luckily, I did receive 38 points but with 765, rather than 666. I am looking to study the PPH programme. My teacher suggested I go through adjustment to see whether any other university would be able to accept me, right now I am holding a place at Manchester. I have one concern about New College of the Humanities (which may seem trivial), but I was wondering what percentage of students entering in September 2013 are living at home, and commuting? Although my parents are willing to pay the full fees, they believe it would be tricky to pay for the accommodation as well, and I just wanted to know if I would be the only one living at home and commuting daily.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Sally-Anne,

Apologies for the late reply.

Congratulations on your results!

We certainly do have a number of students that commute to the College.

Why don't you give me a call on 020 7637 4550. I'd be more than happy to offer my advice on what options you have available and also what NCH could offer to you.

Look forward to speaking with you,

Best wishes,

Jane

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.