Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can't send evidence from parents until end of June! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am an EU national and not from the UK. I am currently an Au-Pair abroad, not living with my family and I'm returning back home in June. I wanted to ask whether it is OK to send student finance form and proof of my identity now and then later when I'm at home I send the necessary papers from my parents (identity and household income)? Or is it pointless since they couldn't process the application without all of the information anyway?

My main question is, is it too late to send the application form and all the documents at the end of June?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Krissu,

You need to have been resident in the UK for 3 years prior to your course starting in order for us to take your parents' financial details into consideration.

If you do not meet the residency criteria you should send your application to us as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I am eligible for a bursary from my university for which they need my parents income.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I read from some other threads and do I understand correctly that I should contact the Student Finance EU Team to request for a specific form and be assessed?

Best wishes,

Kristiina

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I read about this specific bursary and apparently there is no separate application form for it and it said that the university will simply access the information sent to the Student Finance company.

And the part in the Student Finance form where they ask whether I am eligible for any bursary or award from the following (NHS, DoH or DHSSPS) and whether it is income assessed: the asnwer is "no" for me, but how will they know that I am eligible for some other bursary excluding these?!

Would the university possibly then contact me later about this?!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Krissu,

If your university awards this bursary the will contact SFE and ask us to send you an additional form. Your parents supply their income details on this form which is then sent to us.

We process your form and give the information to the university who decided if you should receive a bursary and if so, how much.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your help!!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.