Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I got a phone last year and I got it as just the hand set second hand, after a few weeks my ex gf one stopped working so I decided to go on a contract and let her burrow the old phone on the terms she paid me back bit by bit.
    We recently broke up and I asked for the phone back as it wasn't a gift and everything I did buy her as a gift she could keep, she said ok and we agreed to meet, when I arrived she wasn't there and I received a text saying I'm not coming and your not having the phone, before that she also said I could have it tommorow ? Then changed it to you can't.
    I turned up at hers the next day and just as I did she came round the corner, I asked for my phone, thats all i want and i will leave , she refused and called the police , when the police arrived I explained the whole situation and I had two receipts one written from the guy I got the phone from and one from Vodafone to unlock it from the network ,dated the same day with the phones imei number on and my card detailes, as I found the phone on eBay I also have my purchase history on there .
    The police then went into her house to talk to her , and her step dad who is a union rep so has the gift of the gab and knows how to put people in it. The police came out and spoke to me saying they could see that she was lying but because they had no prof they could not do anything even thought I was stod there with the recipets in my hand.
    They then said she had asked for no contacts from me and so they issued me with a warning that if I tried to contact her I would be arrested . I have done nothing wrong apart from ask for my phone back I no her step dad and her have lied saying she paid me which she never did. I phones up her network provider and told them the phone was stolen ans i have the recipts, they blocked it for a day but because the phone ls mine amd the bill is in her mums name her mum unlocked it again claiming it wasnt stolen.What I wish to do Is take it to a small claims court? What would be the chances of getting my phone back I don't want to be paid for it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.