Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently in 3rd year of university, and have recieved a conditional offer for a PGDE in modern studies teaching starting in August.

Obviously the condition is that I pass the rest of my exams. So I am wondering, would my current university inform strathclyde university that I have passed? If not, then what evidence do I need to send to Strathclyde to prove I have passed? Would it simply be a copy of my exam results? Or would I have to graduate and then send them a copy of my degree certificate?

My current university holds a graduation ceremony in July but this is generally only for honours students, and any students graduating with an ordinary degree usually graduate in november. So if it is the case that I need to physically have my degree to hand before the start of my postgrad then I will have to see if my uni will let me graduate in July with the honours students.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samfra)
    Hi,

I am currently in 3rd year of university, and have recieved a conditional offer for a PGDE in modern studies teaching starting in August.

Obviously the condition is that I pass the rest of my exams. So I am wondering, would my current university inform strathclyde university that I have passed? If not, then what evidence do I need to send to Strathclyde to prove I have passed? Would it simply be a copy of my exam results? Or would I have to graduate and then send them a copy of my degree certificate?

My current university holds a graduation ceremony in July but this is generally only for honours students, and any students graduating with an ordinary degree usually graduate in november. So if it is the case that I need to physically have my degree to hand before the start of my postgrad then I will have to see if my uni will let me graduate in July with the honours students.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Unit results in the short term, actual degree certificate when you enrol. When I do my master's degree they did not even ask to see the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    You will only need the degree certificate when you enrol. Until that happens you can give them something like temporary result certificate.

In my case, I have a conditional offer and will surely graduate in the end of June. I will sent the uni a result certificate and then, when available, the actual degree certificate. However, in my case I can ask my current university urgency in making the certificate available (given that I pay a fee).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    Unit results in the short term, actual degree certificate when you enrol. When I do my master's degree they did not even ask to see the certificate.

thanks

so I would have to have the physical degree certificate to hand by the start of the course, therefore I would need to graduate in july?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you email your 'postgrad' Dept with your result as soon as you know it, just out of politeness. If they need to formally check the result they can then simply phone the other Uni and check. That takes away any sense of doubt for you about whether or not you've 'got a place'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.