Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can you do in just 90 days? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anything possible within 90 days? Have you achieved a goal in such a short period of time, if so, what did you do and how did you do it?

Idea for the thread came from watching this video:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturnsun)
    Is anything possible within 90 days? Have you achieved a goal in such a short period of time, if so, what did you do and how did you do it?
    Idea for the thread came from watching this video:
    I learned Danish using a Berlitz course in about 90 days. I could read magazine articles slowly and carry out a simple conversation in an atrocious accent.

And then she broke up with me

ReputationRep:
    In 90 days... you can completely change who you are.

For me,
    I legally changed my name. Got cosmetic surgery (only minor) for vanity reasons. Got drunk for the first time. Met many, many new people. Lived away from home for the first time. Read loads of self helps books and changed my personality to be a more outgoing and likable person. Changed the way I perceived the world.

That was last year, when I came to university :cool:
    I set myself a lot of these goals in Year 13 before I came to university, and I achieved most of them.

ReputationRep:
    "Just" 90 days?

It's quite a long time really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    I learned Danish using a Berlitz course in about 90 days. I could read magazine articles slowly and carry out a simple conversation in an atrocious accent.

And then she broke up with me
    Dude, I feel sorry for you. But at the same time, I'm so proud that you made the effort to learn a language for her. I love it when people make an effort with languages, even if you converse in English anyway, it shows so much commitment. I just realised I need to spend more time on my languages!

ReputationRep:
    Rack up about 1440 hours of Steam play time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    "Just" 90 days?

It's quite a long time really!
    That amount of days do you consider to be a challenge when it comes to completing goals?

ReputationRep:
    99 Woodcutting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturnsun)
    That amount of days do you consider to be a challenge when it comes to completing goals?
    Depends on the challenge really... but there's not a lot that can't be done in 90 days. Especially if they're 90 days of solid work towards a goal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.