Can't control my temper, please help Watch

Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just then, I was arguing with my mum and my younger brother came in and told us to shut up. I didn't, so he got a glass of water and threw it over my head. In retaliation, I did the same to him, but I accidentally got his maths book soaked as well. Next thing I know I go into my room and he's trashed all my revision notes. I was FURIOUS. I had to stop myself from hitting him and I screamed and said stuff I didn't mean.

I deserved it, right? I'm calm now and feeling regretful. How can I control my temper and stop acting like a five year old when I'm almost eighteen? Please help, I don't want to fall out with him
He upped the ante by trashing your revision notes, so you should have upped the ante once more; by cutting his head off. Simple.
PlayboyBunny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I go and do cartwheels on my front lawn. How do you relieve yourself?
sheep!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jason Mraz)
I go and do cartwheels on my front lawn. How do you relieve yourself?
Wow, that sounds very messy - doesn't it go like, *all* over you? :rolleyes:
Caribou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Fine, I'm on medication for my acne. This drug has close links to depression and frequent mood swings.
I think i'd stick with the acne if the medication screwed up my head.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Everyone fights with their siblings now and then. It's notjing to worry about. I've grown out of it more now I'm older. It's def a kid / teenage thing.
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
I think i'd stick with the acne if the medication screwed up my head.
Only on very rare occasions do people get depressed. But temporary mood swings whilst on the 4 month course is quite common.
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Only on very rare occasions do people get depressed. But temporary mood swings whilst on the 4 month course is quite common.
that makes it sound like a bloody scary drug
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
that makes it sound like a bloody scary drug
There's one that made a bunch of people kill themselves. Roaccutane. Now that's freaky.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 1013)
There's one that made a bunch of people kill themselves. Roaccutane. Now that's freaky.
That's just blown right out of proportion. There were only a few cases of suicide out of hundreds of thousands of users. If it was that common then why would it still be on the market? It's bound to happen, there will always be a very small minority of people who have bad reactions with specific drugs. I am taking right now by the way, and I will still be here for years to come.
gerrard02
Report 12 years ago
When i get angry i can go really mad as well. And it gets me in trouble. Once i got so angry at my house that i punched a double glazing window as hard as i can and it broke. After that it wasn't really the window that i cared about,it was my hand!! It was full of glass and i had to go to the hospital and then when it cured there was still glass inside my hand. But it does take some time to make me angry. I'm not the kind of guy who switches in 1 second, it takes about 10 minutes to make me go mad.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gerrard02)
When i get angry i can go really mad as well. And it gets me in trouble. Once i got so angry at my house that i punched a double glazing window as hard as i can and it broke. After that it wasn't really the window that i cared about,it was my hand!! It was full of glass and i had to go to the hospital and then when it cured there was still glass inside my hand. But it does take some time to make me angry. I'm not the kind of guy who switches in 1 second, it takes about 10 minutes to make me go mad.
Now that's what you call bad temper!
Anonymous #5
Report 12 years ago
I used to get those problems, i thought I had proper anger issues.. recently i've seen someone about it all and i think it has helped. Music is always the best way, sit and relax and let the music take in your feelings!
Larry Qwerty David
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go lift some weights or go to the gym. Always chills me out.
iz_a_bell
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i've been losing my temper quite alot recently. but, i tend to keep quiet and stay away from people these days to prevent myself from erupting. sometimes, it helps release the anger when i cry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads