Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex thinks I want to get back together. Watch

Hey tsr, need some advice..

Backstory: ex from 2 years ago who had cheated, lied etc throughout the relationship - I was oblivious, it ended horribly and we had also been together for 2 years, blinded thinking she was perfect. We went completely no contact, she immediately started seeing other guys whereas it took me a good year/year and a half to finally feel happy with my life, start to see other girls and be myself again after a number of other problems with my choice of uni during that time.

Recently I bumped into a close friend of hers who has started going to the same uni as me on a night out, we chatted and she brought up my ex and we talked a little bit.

I said that in some way I'll always care for my ex (I dont like her or anything but it was my first and only long term relationship) and said it would be nice to catch up. Just being friendly, I wasn't really going to make contact or anything, I had moved on and was happy. Anyway her and my ex have very bad egos since they get a lot of male attention, makes them kind of horrible.

A couple weeks later I bump into her again and she starts talking about my ex again and saying that she doesn't want to get back together (I dont want too!) with me since "I" treated her badly and tried to convince me that we were very different people she doesn't share the same interests as me etc. I was reassured by close mutual friends who said I was a great boyfriend and (despite them still being friends of hers) said they knew she wasn't a decent girlfriend to me. After she said this without giving me a chance to stand up for myself she left.

A month later my ex contacts me after 2 years of not talking, I hadn't spoken to her friends or anyone about her before bumping into her friend recently. Same egotistic attitude heavily suggesting that she doesnt want to be together trying to suggest that I was a problem. During that convo I was nothing but friendly until she became rude, however before I could even stick up for myself she blocked all contact again...

After about a week she unblocked me said sorry that last comment was harsh, I said thats okay but before I could say anything else again she blocked me again (I mean wtf, was being nothing but nice) Its been a couple of months and I've noticed shes unblocked me again.

I'm confused, my biggest issue is that her and her friend somehow think that I want to get back in a relationship with her, after 2 years apart and maturing I realised she hadnt treated me right at all so this is not the case in the slightest. Its just made me so angry that shes got this bad ego and believes this im not sure what to do, do I just leave it?

TL;DR - ex's Friend told ex I wanted to get back together when I dont and never implied or said anything about me ever wanting too. Her friend and her ego makes her believe this is true and both talk to me putting me down and left without giving me a chance to defend myself. I'm annoyed - do I just leave it or what?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just be the bigger person and block her. Sometimes we need to recognise a lost cause... If she's really as bad as you say,then you'll be better off without her.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)

TL;DR - ex's Friend told ex I wanted to get back together when I dont and never implied or said anything about me ever wanting too. Her friend and her ego makes her believe this is true and both talk to me putting me down and left without giving me a chance to defend myself. I'm annoyed - do I just leave it or what?
    I would just leave it and ignore your ex

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.