Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi , Last year i applied for student finance and decided to take a year out I called in September to get it cancelled and was told it was. 2 weeks when I went to apply for a new student finance I discovered it hadn't been cancelled so I called up again to get it cancelled and was told it would be. Today it still hasnt been cancelled , to start an application for 2013/2014 for a new university and course do I need to use the same customer reference number as my unused 2012/2013 account or can I start a new one despite the old one still not being cancelled ??
    Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Ashley,

Your Customer Reference Number is linked to your National Insurance Number and doesn't change regardless of how long you study or how often your change your course.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    So I can't start my 2013/2014 application till my 2012/2013 one has been deleted? Do I need to phone up again because despite being told twice my 2012/2013 application has been deleted and never having attended university it is still showing on my student finance ??
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ashley,

Due to the high volume of applications needing deleted this is taking around 3 weeks at the moment from when the request is submitted.

Thanks,
    MArk-Lee

ReputationRep:
    So there is no way I can apply without my old application being deleted? I called up again last week and was told that my application should have been cancelled since the request had been put in 4 weeks ago but for some reason it hadn't and they would try and get it put through , it still hasnt been deleted I am getting quite concerned that i may not get deleted in time for me to apply again for the deadline.
    Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ashley,

Yes you can submit a paper application instead. Here's a download link for the new student form: http://bit.ly/Yx4xIl

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I sent off a paper application by first class post a week ago after a recurrent error message stopped me from applying online but havent heard anything ,I know the finance assessment can take up to 6 weeks but should I have recieved some sort of confirmation that they have recieved the forms?
    Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ashley,

No this is perfectly normal just keep an eye on your online account and you should see some changes as your application is being processed.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.