Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So I just got an offer from Brunel, a conditional one in MSc Advanced Computing and I am waiting for another offer in Computer Networks from UCL. I still am not sure which one shall I go for, but I more leaning towards Brunel.

Ok, briefly my situation is: I am now in my final year doing Telecommunications And Networks Engineering, at London Met. I am expecting at least 2:1, if I am lucky I will get a 1:1. anyway, I want to dive into computer science, as I, hopefully, I want to be a researcher in the future and looking at this course finder in Brunel.com, its the only one that actually will provide some sort of a research collaboration.

Now, is anyone of you guys currently enrolled/ have an idea about this course? if so what do you think of it? hard? boring? interesting?

I have already met the course leader, he seemed like a great and helpful guy, but could not ask him many questions because he also seemed busy....

PS: I now computer science and networks are very different, but through the years I have closed some of the gabs between the two. So I have a background on both fields, of course not as good as CS students.

Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    Hi JYS - there is a webinar on the computing courses tomorrow - might be worth signing up if you have any questions. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/674832906

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.