Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend makes me feel guilty for going out with my friends? Watch

Hey.

Basically I want to ask for advice on how to deal with a situation. I'll give a bit of background information.

We've been together for 8 months now, I live at home in my second year and she is at uni 100 miles away so we are in a long distance relationship so to speak. We see each other every weekend and things are so so good.

We've just got back from a 10 day holiday and things went absolutely flawlessly, not a single crossed word.

The problem is when I say I'm going out with my friends she changes into a completely different woman! It's happened a few times now but the perfect example is today. She rang me when she woke up like usual just to have a chat. I then mentioned that I'm going for a course night out tonight (which I barely ever ever do) after 2 years of uni i've been out with them once. As soon as I said that she just went "oh right" and kind of changed her attitude. I then said are we still on for skyping like planned and then went she wouldn't have time as she has revising to do then is going to the pub in the afternoon with her friends. Essentially making excuses as we had it planned yesterday.

I then whatsapped her asking about our weekend plans, she read the message and didn't reply which isn't normal then when she did reply an hour later after me promting her with a "hello?" she just replied with two words, again she would normally make lots of convo so it's obviously related.

I would do anything for this girl, she genuinely is amazing, so so hard working, loving and reciprocating but it's just this that really brings me down and makes me think about it all day. Like today.

I don't know her thought process or how to deal with it? I've asked her before about it and she thinks I'm a different person with my friends but I do the exact same as normal. It's like she has something in her mind that thinks i'm different but i'm really really not.

I'm making this thread asking for advice on what she's thinking and how to solve it.

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Surely some insecurity that you may hook up with someone else on a night out.In this situation, you do just need to come out and ask her, gently as possible, why she seems to have an issue. And if it is the aforementioned insecurity, then put her to ease.

Yeah maybe that's it but i've reassured her so much that she is the only girl I want to be with and it's true.

She says my facial features are literally her idea of perfection, like she wouldn't change a single thing so maybe she thinks that other girls will be coming onto me? I don't know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.