Complicated Routes.... Watch
I would like to apply for art related degrees but I'm finding the Route A / Route B situation complicated...
In October I'm planning on applying to the university that I feel I would get into most easily through route A and applying to the more competitive one (Falmouth) through route B in March, giving me more time to build a stronger portfolio.
I personally don't think I will get into Falmouth but its worth a try & I know that the university I'm applying to through 'route A' has very limited student accomodation... So I would have to apply for accom there as soon as I get my offer. Would deciding to make my route A university my insurance choice affect my chances of getting accomodation there?
Also, would I have to wait until I have offers from both institutions, which would be around May, to be able to apply for accomodation anywhere... ?
It's just that earlier I noticed in the uni prospectus of my route A choice, that 'most students who accept a firm offer before the end of march will be a offered a place in halls.'
Unfortuantley I won't know if I have got into Falmouth by then thus not being able to state it as my firm. I think I might have to think about just applying to my route A university and not Falmouth to be on the safe side.
I don't think living in private accommodation during the 1st year would be the same uni experience as opposed to living in halls...