Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I called SF last night to query why my mother couldn't see any supporting applications on her account. I got this query sorted but it's what the woman said beforehand that has really concerned me.

When I explained the situation (mother registering her information online), the woman said to me "I can see you've said your father will provide proof via the paper form". I told her this was incorrect and that I'd chosen for my mother to do it electronically, and she reconfirmed that she could see on my application as father via paper form. I explained that I don't live with my father and that he does not have anything to do with my financial situation so I definitely had not put this, but she seemed adamant that I had. I thought maybe I'd made a mistake (although I was sure I hadn't) so got an answer to my initial question and thought I would double check.

Looking now, there is absolutely no mention of my father on my application. I have clearly stated I live with my mother only and that she is divorced, and in the 'Your parents' financial information', the only person is my mother who is providing her information online.

I'm at a point where I have completed everything and am ready to submit my application, although I'm not able to call SF till the weekend now to discuss the above. Does it sound as if the woman was looking at the wrong application and I'm safe to submit it, or should I call even though I'm sure there's nothing on there about him?

I thought it relevant to add that should my father be (wrongly) taken into consideration, my 'household income' would be greater than the limit for getting the maintenance grant.

ReputationRep:
    I assume your mother is in the application as 'Mrs', but you've also stated you only/mainly have contact with her. Cos she'll have to provide proof of single status. It'll keep a slot open for your father's information until it's all sorted and assessed. It's generally the logic of what's been put in the application, the advisor won't have been looking at something else..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.