Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have registered to start B120 An introduction to business studies and DD209 Running the economy starting in Oct. They are counting towards a BA honours in business studies with economics. I have previously studied DD101 Introducing the social sciences.

My questions to people who have completed/are currently completing them:
    What are both of these courses like? Did you find them difficult?
    What was the exam like for DD209? I havent done an exam in about 6 years and Im a bit nervous about it.
    Was there any required reading (outside the course materials)?

Over the course of my degree I will also be doing DB123, B203, B301 and DD309. If anyone has any experience with any of these courses please share too!!

Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've done DB123 and B120 (and DD202, which I think looks like the older version of DD209).

B120 has a lot of online content. You get marks for posting in the forum - but a lot of people didn't do that properly and just posted loads before the TMA date which made it harder for those of us who were doing it properly to have conversations. One of the tasks was to reply to a posting, which is hard when nobody posts anything to reply to! I have no idea whether they got the marks, though.

The exam for DD202 wasn't too bad. You get a choice of questions and have the opportunity to see past papers beforehand - although that might be limited for you as it's a new course. However, they should still produce a sample, and maybe the old papers for DD202 might be a good idea of what could come.

I can't remember if I was advised to buy a dictionary for DD202 or if I just did because I'd previously found it helpful. I *think* it was required - and if so, that's the only required outside extra.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply
    What did you think of DB123? I'll be doing that next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I loved DB123. I think it is my favourite course I've completed. It's a nice overview of personal finance, although some bits seem more relevant than others - like the pension bits will be completely changed by the time I get there! It was also a nice mix of writing essays and doing calculations - although the word counts felt a bit tight sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am just coming to the end of B203, it's very good, but very very time consuming and easy to fall behind. Apparently the presentation I'm doing is the remodelled version and has been slimmed down. In which case, I'd hate to have studied it beforehand.

Its really interesting but certainly needs a lot of planning to make sure you get through everything.

Best regards
    Jo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.